“Lovely meal”
Review of Sean Og’s

Sean Og’s
Ranked #28 of 488 Restaurants in Bophut
Price range: USD 1 - USD 11
Description: Irish - Thai restaurant & Bar serving authentic Thai and European cuisine. Also serving a wide range of beers and spirits.
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We had a delicious meal here tonight. I had the red curry which was delicious but a bit thinner then others i have had recently. My wife had the penang curry which she said was delicious but again a bit thinner. If it was possible to give 4.5 i would as the meal was great, but not quite as good as another similarly priced place i have eaten.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Location next to busy road. Food was not bad, not specy either. The British owner asks for rating through a kind sign on the table which obviously is very smart.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Pros: some dishes we tried were very very good compared to all we tried in Thailand, e.g. best pineapple rice and fish cakes ever. Level of food is definitely above most restaurants in Samui, and the cook is very talented. Worth trying for everyone who visits Samui

Cons: it is busy, so you need to book for dinner, we've seen that people couldn't seat after 6.30 p.m. Also (and maybe it was only during the day we were there) it seems that they need more people for service, that currently it is not easy for them to handle. We wanted to order takeaway for breakfast as we were super happy with the food, but were told that we would need to wait more then 30 minutes as they have a lot of orders. It great that the food is freshly cooked, but so do order all you want from the beginning to avoid the wait. Also, some basic dishes, e.g. fried rice are basic, so don't expect them to be a Wow

Overall: As I said, some things are so tasty, so it is worth the wait, not ideal location near the road, etc. This place is really worth trying

1  Thank Моисеева К
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Myself and partner popped along to here after reading good reviews however, overall i was dissapointed.
I can totally understand that it was busy and they were rushed off their feet but i thought its ok it will be worth the wait.
It took 15 minutes for drinks to arrive at the table which then made me think how long will food take?
Our spring roll starter was a further 40 minutes from getting our drinks which were nice but nothing out the ordinary.
Our mains came which were nice but again a further 30 minutes to which was nice but nothing startling.
Such a shame as i was really looking forward to it and went out my way getting their as i stopped in Bophut so it wasnt exactly on my doorstep.
Wont be returning and wont be reccommending!

Barry G, Owner at Sean Og’s, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience on the evening you visited. We were extremely busy on that night and we are also short staffed at the moment so I apologise sincerely for the times you had to wait.

We are in the process of hiring new staff so we can deal sufficiently when busy.

Regarding the food I am glad that you at least enjoyed these. I am not sure what you orderd for your mains but I am confident that our kitchen team produced good quality food. Our positive trip advisor reviews are a testament to our food quality.

Our aim is to provide good quality meals at a low price.

I hope that you can try visit again and try some more dishes which we hope will startle you.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent laab, Thai red and green curries this evening. Quick friendly service and very reasonably priced - thanks