“pretty rooms but very noisy” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eden Bungalows

Eden Bungalows
Ranked #13 of 151 Bophut B&B and Inns
Hamburg
“pretty rooms but very noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

We did not stay in one of the bungalows, but in one of the "hotel-rooms" of Eden Garden. So our recommendation deals NOT with the bungalows which might be a better option.
First the location: Eden Bungalow is situated in the centre of Bophut with plenty of restaurants and bars next to it. Since the rooms and bungalows are a located in the backyard, you wont notice the music and noise from the street that much. But if you are looking for a peaceful and setback place to stay, you should look out for something else outside the the fisherman village.
Now the room itself: We paid a 1000 Bath. In comparison to many other places on Koh Samui it seemed to be a normal price for this kind of standard. At the first glance the rooms looked pretty nice (very clean, nicely decorated) with a huge window and big balcony facing the small pool. And we were very happy with our choice... until the guest from our neighbouring room came home in the night. Then we discovered that the rooms are just seperated by some sort of cardbord. We could actually hear every word they were speeking and even hear them sneezing. It felt as if our neighbours and we were staying in the same room. We stayed in many budget and mid-range bungalows/rooms on Samui and other places in Thailand. And we know that the isolation is never that good. But at Eden Bungalow it was worse. This is not acceptable for 1000 Bath (and I guess this was already a special offer due to the lack of tourist on the island). After the second night we left.
In addition to the noise: the staffs behavior towards us was changing like the weather. In short: I did not feel very appreciated as a guest. But I have to say that this was the case in most of the places we stayed at on koh samui and koh pan ngang. Maybe they were all fed up because of the situation, that there are hardly any tourist on the otherwise very busy island.
Just a sentence according to the pool and garden: it looks better on the pictures in the brochures and internet. Very small but very green and relaxing.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank mypoin2fview

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2009

Eden is located in Bophut, close to all activities at Fisherman's village. Thr small resort is about 50-100 meters from the beach, just behind the beach road. The area is very quiet and there are no cunstruction works nearby, which is common on the island unfortunately. The resort is owned and operated by the french family. The hotel's area is VERY green with a small pool in the middle. The rooms may vary in size and not all of them are superb. But we stayed already twice at Jasithe room. This room is small, but a charming character with a see-through ceiling at shower and a big sofa. Breakfasts are not included in the rates, so you have an option to choose between hotel's offer and other cafes or 7-11's.
The stuff could be more communicable, but in general it's very nice place with a great value.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

We spent a week here in late July. I chose Eden Bungalows as I was looking for a quietish resort and a hotel within my budget that could offer me family rooms ( ie interconnecting and with twin beds for the kids rather than a double) a good pool and a restaurant. We really enjoyed our stay here, it was just surpassed by Salad Hut on Ko Phangan, else I'd have rated it near perfect. The hotel is French-run as noted in other reviews, and so there were bound to be a lot of other French guests there - from that point of view it was not overly friendly for us, but that didn't matter. There was a mix of other nationalities, no other British while we were there. The pool is nice tho not very large, but was attractive, and had a shallow and deep end so it suited the kids fine, most rooms are arranged round the pool; we stayed in a "family classic bungalow" - this was actually 2 bungalow rooms with an interconnecting door - the rooms were very large, in dark teak, with ample furniture but rather dim lighting. The bathrooms were a bit on the basic side but nothing that I can complain about. There was a good choice of food at breakfast, a mix of Thai and Western food at lunchtime, in the evening the restaurant seems to be run by different people as purely a Thai restaurant. Once a week there is a Thai BBQ / fondu night and this was very good indeed. The beach is just across the road but due to other buidlings you can't see it, so you don't feel as tho you are that close. The beach is narrow and the sea is not crystal clear here and shelves quite sharply, but it is absolutely fine, (not a problem as cited in a review or two). All in all a place we'd happily go back to unless we could find somewhere that felt more "boutiquey" at a similar price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
UK, South Yorks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

stayed here twice. Bo Phut is lovely. We had a bungalow, it was nicely decorated, good size, funky outdoor bathroom. Hotel has nice pool and serves cheap enough decent food. Would go back to this hotel no problem.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

I was a lone traveler to Ko Samui and only had accommodation for the first three nights so relied on The Lonely Planet for finding hotels(look for the listing for Eden). Whilst staying in lamai I decided to spend an evening in Bophut and loved every minute of it. I enjoyed Lamai but found few single travelers and many people had children. Bophut is a little more up-market and seemed to cater more for people my age (40) with some great places to eat and drink.Eden Bungalows was great with very nice rooms with a safe, mini bar, ceiling fan, separate air con and the most comfy bed I slept in for the whole of the two weeks. Bathrooms were good too and had hot water. The hotel has 12 rooms which were all very close to the pool so not a trek to your room, great food, try the Eden for breakfast. I loved the staff they were so friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs, I was there during Songkran which is their New Year and all the staff joined in the water fight and seemed part of the family...nice to see. The owner of the hotel is a French man called Gerald, fascinating to watch as he never stopped working on the hotel to fix things help people and great at cocktail making. Because he never stopped the hotel was very well maintained and seemed to run very smoothly. Gerald made me welcome from the start as the weather was dreadful so I sat at the bar chatting with him and his staff which I believe was genuine and not because they had to, he will also do you a decent glass of wine if you get sick of Singha. I feel bad as I can't remember her name but he had a Thai girl that worked with him who knew everything, spoke great English and was very friendly, if I had a hotel I would want her working for me. I enjoyed every minute of my stay and am at a loss with reviews that complain about the mosquitoes.......if you don't like mosquitoes then don't go to Thailand and probably better still don't leave your house. I also thought the beach was lovely and the sea was calm unlike Lamai and Chawang so much safer to swim. I really didn't want to leave and would go back again tomorrow if I could, I wouldn't go back to Thailand without a stay at Eden Bungalows.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo