“Great spot, Fab hotel”

Ranked #13 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Sydney
“Great spot, Fab hotel”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We too were part of a large group reunion at The Waterfront recently. We had a fabulous holiday and part of this was due to the wonderful accommodation and location provided at this establishment. The facilities were great, the staff were amazing, and the management (Sue) fantastic. We would highly recommend this hotel and would definitly stay here on future visits to Koh Samui.

Room Tip: There are family rooms and bungalows available. All the rooms face outwards onto the central pool/ba...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Hebrew first
Coromandel, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We met here with a number of other families for a reunion. Sue and her wonderful staff couldn't have done more to make our holiday enjoyable (Robin was away unfortunately). Sue and the staff organised a wonderful party for us one night including fireworks and lanterns. Baby sitters, trips, taxi rides were all sorted for us. They just made the whole stay perfect.
Sue is British and this shows in the quality of the food options available. As well as delicious thai food, there were plenty of other options (quality coffee, cereals, English breakfast, pancakes, children's meals) etc and these were prepared with the western palate in mind. The pina coladas at the bar were the best on the island.
The rooms were clean and well appointed, the beds very comfortable. The gardens and pool were well maintained.
The location of the hotel suited us really well - it was right near the shops, restaurants and near to the airport, but still quiet. The fisherman's village was the prettiest on the island and had everything we needed. There was a weekly night market every Friday night just outside the hotel and this was fun and we were able to stock up with souvenirs and interesting food.
The beach immediately beside the hotel was not the best for swimming as it was quite shallow. However, it was clean and fine for sunbathing. About 50 m away from the hotel the water was deeper and swimming was possible. We found that we spent most of our time in the hotel pool though as this was so perfect for the children. There was a perfect white sand beach only a few kms away and a taxi ride there was only a few dollars.
All in all, I can highly recommend this hotel and would love to come back again.
Rosemary, New Zealand

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Rosemary S
Dubai, UAE
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have just come back from my third visit to The Waterfront. Sue and Robin have a natural ability of making you feel so welcome and at home, that you never want to leave.

Unfortunately Robin wasn’t there on my last visit, but Sue was there and she is most certainly a fabulous, generous and fun person to spend time with. I miss her already!

The staff are, as always, amazing, friendly, hardworking, and an absolute pleasure to be around.

I can’t thank them all enough and can’t wait for my visit next year.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was my 3rd stay at The Waterfront and as soon as I arrived I remembered exactly what I loved about it. I am sure there are many similar hotels however none have the same personal touches; from the 'welcome back' in petals on the bed to the singha beer on arrival, it is just perfect.
We were there during Songkran (my first experience of this even though I have visited Thailand around 10 times) and that was certainly an experience. I had expected a few teenagers with water pistols - I was very wrong!
Just everything about this place is fantastic, the happy helpful staff, the rooms, the location (at the end of Fishermans Village and a 5 minute walk to many great restaurants serving a variety of food); and just that feeling that they see their guests as extended family and not just paying customers.
Robin was unfortunately back in the UK at this time but Sue was there and as usual was the perfect hostess. I always say that The Waterfront should be marketed as a cure for depression as you just could never be unhappy there.
I know I will return time after time.............

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JTDubai
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We booked the Waterfront before our trip to Koh Samui using Trip Advisor for information about where to stay and we were more than delighted with the location, comfort and friendliness of this lovely boutique hotel. The rooms had everything you could want including air conditioning, fridge, fully stocked bathroom, clean beach towels daily as well as tea/coffee/milk and fresh bottled water every day.

We booked to stay for four nights and loved it so much that we stayed again on our way back to the airport two weeks later. Breakfast is freshly cooked for you every morning, the outside bar near the pool is just the right size for cozy chats with the other guests, which often went on until the early hours of the morning. In fact staying at the Waterfront is so friendly that it's like being on holiday with an extended family (without the arguments). Sue, the owner, is always on hand and must be the best and most attentive hotelier I have ever met. Nothing is too much trouble for her or her wonderful friendly staff.

I would certainly recommend anyone to stay at the Waterfront.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent with beach front views
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Iainmac51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
2.9 km away
2.0 km away
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#2 of 186 in Bophut

Been to The Waterfront? Share your experiences!