I cannot say enough how wonderful this hotel is. The staff are genuine and so great with kids. We were always greeted with a smile! The hotel is built around some lovely gardens and grounds. My son loved the ponds filled with fish...the staff would let him feed them each evening which he just was ecstatic about!
The rooms are clean and have a comfy bed. They were a little smaller than I thought they would be but we only booked a Garden Villa (as the Beach Villas were booked). But really when you are in a great location like this you do not spend much time in your villa....so it was not anything we were concerned about. The bathrooms are nice as well though ours had a little problem with mosquitoes....but when you are in a tropical place you have to expect this is a normal thing. They put coils in the bathrooms so they are only an issue in the mornings when the coils have stopped for a while. The rooms also have a great daybed to relax and read on....I was on there often enjoy the peace of this hotel. I would stay here again definitely! I also stayed in the Le Meridien on this trip and I have to say I am not sure which I would prefer as I enjoyed them both.
The restaurant is just brilliant. Every dish was incredible. You have to try the Lemongrass Creme Brulee...it was so good we kept getting seconds! The set menu for the Thai meals are so good you will eat them everyday! I agree with this restaurant being rated as one of the best on the island....it is amazing!
One last note...the massages are also some of the best I have ever had. I had one everyday because they were so amazing. I would have paid top dollar for them to massage me all day it was so nice and relaxing! Be sure to try these as they are not to be missed!
This hotel is within walking distance to Fisherman's Village. We walked there everyday as it is an enjoyable walk in the evenings. I will write some reviews for some of the places to eat as this location is great for evenings/nights.
Overall this hotel was fabulous and I would go anytime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zazen is a stylish true Boutique Resort located on the beautiful Bophut Beach. Perfect for a relaxing holiday and a romantic honeymoon. Zazen offers 26 stylish villas, and 2 of the most popular restaurants on the island with traditional Thai cuisine and fine French / Mediterranean dining. Le Spa Zen will help you find the deepest levels of relaxation. Welcome to Zazen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zazen Boutique Hotel Bophut
- Zazen Boutique Resort And Spa
- Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut