I've never written a review before, but want to for Mantra. It is truly a wonderful hotel. Not only that, I stayed, then went to Koh Tao for a few days and was concerned the second stay when I returned wouldn't live up to the first experience but it completely did!
It is not by the beach (though their shuttle bus will take you there several times each day), but if like me you are more of a pool person and enjoy swimming in an infinity pool with wonderful views of the ocean then you can't beat this place! The only point to make is that when the hotel is busy you will need to get up early to get a sun bed by the pool (I understand they have introduced an additional sun deck a bit further away from the pool), and the sun beds are quite close together to get in as many as possible. But that didn't really bother me - they are very comfortable and well, the views!!
The rooms are great - I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a LOVE room, which was very spacious and incredibly comfortable. I didn't watch any movies, but there seemed to be a good selection, and I did take advantage of the music library available on the in-room computer. I had to do some work on my laptop, and the wi-fi was excellent too.
Other things worth a mention are fantastic pornstar martinis at the swim up bar, a seriously good gym (again with views to die for), the excellent breakfast and last but by no means least the staff. They are friendly and really cannot do more to help and make your stay as magical as possible. In fact they actively seek constructive feedback to keep enhancing what is already a really wonderful hotel. I'm looking forward to going back there already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut