Barons Resort
Hotel Villas de la Colina(Atenas)(Great Value!)
USD 79
USD 68
Hotel Colinas del Sol(Atenas)(Great Value!)
USD 67
USD 64
Vista Atenas Bed & Breakfast(Atenas)(Great Value!)
USD 112
USD 64
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 80/night.

Eden Atenas(Atenas)
USD 62
Casa Verde Atenas(Atenas)(Great Value!)
USD 45
Apartamentos Atenas(Atenas)(Great Value!)
USD 66
Orchid Tree(Atenas)
USD 74
Finca Huetares / Valley View Lodge(Atenas)(Great Value!)
USD 57
USD 168
USD 230
All reviewssmall poolcosta ricaorder fooddeluxe roomcable tvfavorite stayamazing tripwi fismall hotelthe room was nicebeautiful hotelperfect climatespa servicesamazing viewswonderful placesan josemade us feel
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Barons Resort is located up on a hill with an amazing view over Atenas. From there you can see active volcanoes and you can see all the way to San José airport.
It's such an amazing view when you eat your breakfast in the morning. I liked the breakfast very much. The juice was so refreshing.

The staff is absolutely the most helpful you can find!
The rooms are very nice! The truth is that I was there during the rainseason a whole month and I couldn't find anywhere without moldproblems except from this hotel. I'm very sensitive to mold and care much about my health. I tried other places (apartments/hotels) but I always ended up back at Barons.
So if you visit Atenas in the rainseason and care about your health this is the place to book! Absolut the best one I could find.
It was really worth the money, no doubt.
//Jessica Sweden

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
lisa c, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barons Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you very much Jessica! We're happy to hear back from you and in name of Barons staff we hope you do well in your new adventures! It was really nice to meet you and we are glad you liked your stay at the Resort.
We really hope to see you soon and it will be our pleasure to welcome you.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

My husband and I were looking for hotels and we happened to come across this one. I'm so happy we chose this hotel as it gave us everything that we wanted. It's on top of a mountain in Atenas and the view is breathtaking. We chose the room with the sky deck, but upon arrival the manager offered to upgrade us to a deluxe room. I wanted the sky deck so we chose to stay with the room we chose, but all of the rooms are beautiful and all of them have a great view. The hotel staff is very hands on. The office ordered food for us every night that we didn't want to go out and the manager of the hotel picked us up from the airport. The manager personally arranged spa services for me. Breakfast was prepared every morning and brought to our room. Any time we needed recommendations for places to eat or things to do the staff was willing to help. It's a smaller location, but it's worth it for the hands on experience that you get.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your commentary, we are really glad to hear that you have a pleasent stay at Barons Resort. It really was a pleasure for us to have such nice guests like you, it was a real honor for us.
We really hope to welcome you one more time and in name of the Resort we thank you for choosing us and for giving us such kind feedback.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Alex and the rest of the staff took care of me and my wife so well we would never forget this trip. Breakfast was made just for us, rooms had great views, they helped us order food and take rides into town. Even though I've been to Costa Rica before it was my favorite stay. Hoping to visit again

Room Tip: best view has to pool
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your commentary, we are really glad to hear that you have a pleasent stay at Barons Resort. It really was a pleasure for us to have such nice guests like you, it was an honor for us.
We really hope to welcome you in Atenas one more time.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

It's a small Hotel in the Mountains of Atenas, Costa Rica. Very quiet, special for couples or people who enjoy nature.

The restaurant has only four or five tables but it's all glass windows with a beautiful view. It's is used mostly for breakfast because at night, you can order room service from a variety of menus provided by local restaurants who deliver express coordinated with the help of the front desk manager who is always very kind and wiling to help with any of your needs.

There are two types of rooms. I prefer the small ones because they ALL have a great view, big windows, small fridge, Wi-Fi, cable Tv (no Tub).

No AC but it's not that necessary anyway.

And check this out: ... EVERY small room has it's own view deck on the roof, with two chairs, table for drinks and your own umbrella (it's a bit rainy sometimes).

The front desk has info about all kinds of Tours which will cover any taste since the hotel is not far from San José, nor far from multiple nature possible experiences.

The pool is very small but it will probably help you interact with anybody else who decided to take a sun bath.

The other rooms are bigger, more kitchen equipped but the view is not as good as the small rooms on the edge of the cliff.

My wife and I highly recommend this place.
Prices are good too! It's not a luxury hotel but it's very original, clean and comfortable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
lisa c, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barons Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review, We at Barons Resort are happy to hear that your time in Atenas, Costa Rica was satisfying and that you enjoy your stay at the Resort. We welcome you to visit us once again and have a lovely day in our installations.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

On top of a hill with beautiful views in every direction. Delicious breakfasts with that divine Costa Rican coffee ...is there a better way to start a day?
The owners/managers were very helpful in every possible way.
I would go back in an instant!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
lisa c, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barons Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

We are glad to hear that your stay in Barons Resort was satisfying and in name of all the Barons Resort Group we thank you for such nice commentaries. We hope to have you guys back here soon and enjoy of the beauties of our country.
We´ll looking forward to welcome you in Atenas, Costa Rica.