We stayed two weeks here for our family vacation (5 ppl) and had a really good time. The management team is excellent and took really good care of us (a special thanks to Andreas M.!). Two of our party had their wedding ceremony at the hotel also, it was really nice and well organized.
The grounds are spacious and clean, there are lots of trees and herbs (Rose-Marie, Thyme, etc) everywhere so it smells very nice. The pools are clean and so is the beach. They have signs asking people not to reserve their spots (THANK YOU!), something the Germans are famous for doing starting at 6am...; not here, so you can actually enjoy the pool or beach and not stare at empty spots with towels on them. The water park(s) is very good and clean (even for adults!), our child had a lovely time there. They have two kids clubs (a German one and an International one) where they have lots of activities for the children. They have kids discos every night and some sort of spectacle.
The food was good, I was really happy about this because lots of times you either get the same thing every day and/or the food is greasy or salty. not here. They even have bio food in the kids corner (from their Agreco Farm that you can visit, I highly recommend you do), salads, vegetables, meats, fish, etc. The breakfast is also good and you will find something to your liking. My only complaints about the food are the freshly made omelettes are a bit greasy and the fresh orange juice should be free for breakfast.
With the all inclusive card you get everything for free except cider and freshly pressed orange juice. As mentioned above I think this last one should at least be free for the breakfast, especially since they prepare other juices for free. Also, the price for the fresh orange juice is double what they charge in the village (5-10 min walk). I was a bit shocked about having to pay for the freshly pressed orange juice, especially in the morning...
The rooms are nice and clean, nothing to say here.
There is free wifi outside and in the lobby/restaurant. It doesn't work well in the rooms though.
There are several car rental places close by if you want to visit the island a bit, they also have several organized tours close by and a little train that drives around for sight seeing, it stops in front of the hotel regularly.
The employees are what really made a difference, they are all so kind and attentive; from the housekeeping staff to the management, they are really all great. Thank you to the whole team! We never had someone who was rude to us and everyone is ready to help.
This was my first time in a Grecotel and it will not be my last!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Marine Palace an all-inclusive Luxury is built like a typical Cretan village. Lemon, mandarin and vanilla-coloured bungalows surround the large swimming pools. A winding path meanders between the main building, the cluster of bungalows on the upper level and the seafront bungalow village. Marine Palace Suites The beautiful Marine Palace Suites are the epitome of luxury and style. The setting is spectacular, a fine cocktail of captivating sea views, blissful serenity combined with the more active life at the Grecotel Club Marine Palace. The suites, built in a peaceful area above the main hotel, encircle a tranquil pool surrounded by free sun beds & umbrellas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grecotel Club Marine Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Club Marine Palace Hotel Rethymnon
- Grecotel Hotel Marine Palace
- Grecotel Club Marine Palace Panormos, Crete