I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for families. We travelled in late August. Our children are 10 and 12 years old. We all loved the pools, Aqua Park and facililities. The hotel is exceptionally clean and well maintained inside and out. Our room had partial sea views but it was not worth paying the additional charge to be upgraded to this. This truly is All Inclusive. All alcohol, cocktails, spirits, soft drinks, and snacks are included. There is a wide variety of food to cater for all tastes in the many restaurants. I would suggest spending a day at each of the fabulous pools and dine at the buffet style restaurants nearby each pool. Our favorite pool was the lagoon nearer the beach which Lao had games and activities throughout the day to entertain the kids. There is an indoor pool with Spa treatments for €8 per day in addition to the cost of the treatments.The restaurant table service is exemplary. You are made to feel the center of attention and drinks are wine is brought to your table. There are self service drink stations near all the bars providing beer, coke, orangeade, lemonade, water, soda water and fruit juices. Snacks include ham, tomatoes, cucumber, cakes and biscuits. The Mojito bar was our favorite with endless cocktails! Beach towels are provided with no deposit and can be replaced with clean ones during the week. The staff are very friendly and helpful. A drink is provided on arrival and the Reception staff are always smiling! The huge Aqua Park is a wonderful addition with both gentle and extreme rides! Evening entertainment is varied from circus acts, to synchronized swimmers, opera singers and movies! The beach is sheltered and great fun to grab a lilo and swim about. There are plenty of sun loungers and although it is advisable to put your towels out earlier it is not essential. A few top tips - get to the main restaurant before 9.00pm or face a long queue. Visit Rethymno. It is a big town with many restaurants and shops. (Kaliston restaurant serves amazing pizzas!) To get a bus into town you must buy your ticket from the local Pharmacy. Don't remove your towel from a lounger if you are away for any length of time, otherwise you may lose your lounger! The general rule is towel on lounger, it is reserved. A couple of negatives. The bedroom mattresses are rock hard. Fine if this suits you but if not expect a very uncomfortable night. We got our mattress swapped. However it was not much better. Our room key card failed to swipe on a number of occasions which is irritating. It needed taking to Reception to be reset. So overall an excellent choice! There were very few English families when we visited although our kids still managed to make friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Marine Palace an all-inclusive Luxury is built like a typical Cretan village. Lemon, mandarin and vanilla-coloured bungalows surround the large swimming pools. A winding path meanders between the main building, the cluster of bungalows on the upper level and the seafront bungalow village. Marine Palace Suites The beautiful Marine Palace Suites are the epitome of luxury and style. The setting is spectacular, a fine cocktail of captivating sea views, blissful serenity combined with the more active life at the Grecotel Club Marine Palace. The suites, built in a peaceful area above the main hotel, encircle a tranquil pool surrounded by free sun beds & umbrellas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grecotel Club Marine Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Club Marine Palace Hotel Rethymnon
- Grecotel Hotel Marine Palace
- Grecotel Club Marine Palace Panormos, Crete