My partner and I specifically chose this property because it was adults only (no kids splashing around) and remotely located, for an opportunity of rest and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of big city life. We were primarily looking for ocean views, access to a pool and spa/massage services. This property excelled in those areas, not so much in others. These are our Pros and Cons below.
1. Lovely property (well laid out with many different areas and great oceans view all around). Excellent balcony view room with great nightly sunset views. Lobby is airy and beautiful. Landscaping is quite lovely.
2. Excellent SPA services (clean, spacious and MANY different treatments available). World class.
3. Housekeeping staff and cleaning staff were all friendly and attentive.
1. Front desk services and management completely AMATEUR. Not knowledgeable of basic locations in town. Upon arrival, we were sat down and basically were attempted to be upsold on packages including buffet and tourist tours. Felt cruise ship like and cheesy. No personal touch.
2. With such a large property, no one was assigned to show us around to where all the facilities and amenities are located. Just a map. "Where is such and such located?" Answer: Look at your map. Missed opportunity.
3. When you walk into the huge lobby daily, 4 or 5 people are standing around by the desk, waiting for you to approach them. No one greets you by your name. Deer in headlights feel. Very stiff. Lacking experience, warmth and character. All what's necessary for a 5 star property.
4. Cheesy list of activites printed on Xeroxed piece of paper. We've seen better list of activities from free YMCAs in the States.
5. No local Cretan flavor and culture represented in the hotel. Felt very generic.
6. HORRIBLE FOOD. We are not snobs. But local fare was not represented well. On property "restaurant" options were confusing, specifically what is open on what night and how to get there. Mainstays most night are the dinner buffet services. Free breakfast buffet has many options. Mostly European continental fare lacking flavor. Pool side food offering mediterannean fare where horrible in flavor.
5. Clientele. If your are a modern, well travelled young adult, hip and fun, you will find mostly older, prudish couples from Germany, Greece, etc. on holiday just laying about and roasting on lounge chairs and lapping up the generic buffet fare. Felt like a 60 and older facility for European pensioners.
6. Transportation. For such a large property, the only transportation they partner with to go into the local town is a rickety "choo choo train" bus clearly designed for kids that stops at other hotels and properties on the way to to town. Not 5 star. They will call you a cab though that arrives within 10 minutes for 7 euro to go into town. The choo choo train bus is 4 euro. What's the point?
Step up your personal service, attention to detail and your food and you will have a 5 star property. 3 stars at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5* Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa, is a tranquil exclusive resort, with its own private bay and an endless horizon of Cretan Blue. The complex consists of 38 public and private swimming pools as well as colorful gardens which extend throughout the resort. Natural stone has been used extensively with dedicated passion for detail, in the decoration of all outdoor areas, thus creating the perfect mix between sophistication and natural elegance. Guests will be pampered beyond conventional luxury with singular service standards and the renowned Cretan hospitality. The understated elegance of the 190 rooms, suites and villas, the uncompromising unique flavors of the resort's cuisine, the unique settings for the organization of your events and the mystical magic of the Pure Senses Spa are just the introduction to an experience that extend beyond the realms of a luxury resort. Outdoor Facilities (Private Beach, Beach services, 2 Tennis Courts, Tennis lessons upon request, 1 Mini Golf Court) Hotel Facilities (Express Check In - Check out, Wi-Fi Internet Connection, Internet Corner, Parking, Car Rental services, Multilingual staff, Guest Relations, Doctor on call, Destination Assistance, Postal Services, Security services, 'Gems and more' Jewelry Shop, Mini Market & Holiday Boutique, Dry / Laundry cleaning service) Personalized Services (Private Dining options, Special Meals upon request, Luxury transport upon request, Transfer from/to the airport upon request, Private Chef Services upon request, Business center & secretariat services upon request) In-Room Amenities (24hrs Room Service, Private Dining in Room upon request, In House Villa Treatments upon request) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Rοyal Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensimar Royal Blue Hotel Panormo
- Sensimar Royal Blue Resort And Spa
- The Rοyal Blue Panormos, Crete