All reviewstoby carverytoby innstayed heretravel lodgebreakfast boxa ground floor roommain roadroom was cleanfamily rooman updatewould stay againtea making facilitiesbasic hotelgenting arenapleasant stayreception staffnec
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Was quite shocked when I arrived at this hotel. It looks very ‘tired’ and in need of a refurbish! Despite the nagging feeling that I made a mistake of booking, I found the staff friendly and helpful. Hotel facilities were basic. Had a very poor experience at the attached Toby inn next to the hotel. Went for breakfast on the second morning after arrival and was confronted by a sign on the restaurant door saying ‘closed until 8am due to unforeseen circumstances.’ There were people there on business unable to have breakfast before heading off to meetings etc. Once we were let in to the restaurant I questioned the staff as to why the delay in letting us in. I was told that the ‘chef’ hadn’t turned up for work. The staff were rude and unapologetic about the situation. I would not use this Toby Inn again and advised the hotel of the poor service at the restaurant. The Travelodge receptionist was lovely and was very sympathetic. She even gave us a breakfast box for free as a gesture of good will even though it wasn’t the hotel’s fault!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank theresa H
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I would have loved to give a higher rating because the staff were really friendly and the sheets were clean and crisp, but for another fiver I could have got a more upmarket hotel with breakfast included.
The parking was good and having the Toby attached was a plus point, the downside was the size of the room and the thin walls....
The shower is quite small and the curtain really doesn't stop the water spraying everywhere, there is enough room to have had a slightly larger shower with proper sides, but I think economy measures were in place when the Motel was built.
The toilet is also tight up against the wall.
I actually feel quite bad about only giving three stars because the staff were so good. But I don't think I would consider this travel lodge again, thin walls, small rooms, and badly laid out bathroom :(

Room Tip: Go for a room away from the main road
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Good value for money. Clean enough. Enjoyable shower. The reception staff was the best part of our stay. Helpful and friendly. It was what it said on the tin. Cheap and cheerful. Lots of parking space.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Excellent value for money and very friendly helpful staff. We had a room over reception which was quite noisy and the pillows were lumpy but that is the only small complaint we had. It was clean and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Small but ok room, bed was comfy and all staff was really nice and helpful. And that's all the good things I have to say about this hotel. The bathroom was small with a tiny shower, the water went from too hot to boiling hot in the shower (and I like really hot showers), and there was no cold water in the mornings! Also, you only get to register two devices in the wifi that you cannot change, despite paying 3 pounds per night. Finally, we paid 5 pounds per person for breakfast to find out that it was a "breakfast box" that contained a small packet of cornflakes, a packet of orange juice, a packet of long life milk and a tiny muffin. Nowhere on the website says that it is not a proper breakfast, be careful about this!! and the worst thing is that the adjacent pub offers full English breakfast for 4.5 pounds!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Birmingham Sheldon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Many thanks for reviewing our Birmingham Sheldon Travelodge and taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with your recent stay with us. If you wish to contact us directly to give us more feedback, please be aware that you can always contact our Customer Services team with your review.

Thank you again for your feedback.