Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
singaporemarsha
Sunrise Beach

Beyond anything we could have imagined

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 June 2019via mobile
Just left this beautiful property on a float plan after a four night stay with our 18 year old grandson for his high school graduation gift. My husband who has been fishing for 60 years all over the world says it’s the best fishing trip of his entire life ... he’s never caught so many fish in three days. In fact we caught our limit for our stay and LOVED every minute. The staff, food, luxury beds & linens, wine & cocktails are five star ~ our guide Jeff knew the best spots, managed the boat completely and was so generous with his knowledge & expertise ... we played the best tunes while catching, saw whales breaching, dolphins and bald eagles ... then chef Jimmy & Benny met us at the dock with mid-aft lunch like chowder one day, quesadillas & margaritas another, followed by outstanding four course dinner that eve. We so enjoyed dedicated manager Samantha along with staff Katie & Emily. Thank you, owners Dan and Jeff for creating this five star fishing resort. We are going back 2020.
Date of stay: June 2019
Fully refundable
No prepayment needed
30.3 km from Eagle Nook Resort
Free parking
Ucluelet's Boutique Hotel - Award Winning Top Ranked - Top 25 Small Hotels In Canada
  • Official Site
    • Algotels
    • eDreams
    30.1 km from Eagle Nook Resort
    View more hotels in Barkley Sound
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 19 January 2019

We made our first time to the Resort June 0f 2018. We had a great time and have already booked fo 2019. Charters, accommodations, meals and hospitality were first class. I highly recommend Eagle Nook Resort.

Room tip: Every room has a view of the water.
    Date of stay: June 2018
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 20 August 2018

We had a 4 day fishing trip this summer and would certainly do it again. The staff are excellent, both on the water and off. We fished with our 10 year old daughter, which can be challenging on the west coast - up at 5 am, riding 90 minutes out to the fishing hole - but our guide made it fun and engaging for her and for that we are very appreciative. The dinners are top-notch, and the location is hard to beat. We came home with great fish and great memories.

Date of stay: August 2018
    2  Thank 15Lisa601
    Dan B, General Manager at Eagle Nook Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful here. We hope to see you again and you're enjoying some of those great catches.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We recently visited the Eagle Nook Resort and everything was top notch. This trip was planned for two years, so we had very high expectations!

Accommodations:
    The lodge is wonderful. Our favorite part was the dining room/bar area with spectacular views. Every room has a great water view and the amenities were excellent.

Food: Excellent! Definitely fine dining with artistic flair. Much better than the other fly-in lodge I have been to. Also nice that two menu options were available for each dinner. Breakfast, Appetizers, and Dock-side hot lunch were also great. Plenty of beer and hard alcohol options at the bar.

Service Staff: Excellent all around. All our needs were met. Very nice people!

Fishing: Matt was an awesome guide. He put us on the fish right away and we caught our limit (or very close to it) every day. Our crew was serious about catching fish and he was willing to take us out as early as 5:30am. My 10 year old son caught his first Coho, Chinook, and Halibut on the same trip. He was thrilled. The fishing was capped off with a beautiful 58 lb halibut. We brought home a ton of fish and sent a bunch more to the smoking company (which we will receive in a month or so). The fish was beautifully packed and frozen solid in individual filets.Totally happy with the fishing!! Just a side note, we fished 10+ miles offshore each day, so make sure to dose up on plenty of anti-seasick pills.

Non-Fishing Activities: We were very tired from fishing most days, but found some time to go for a peaceful kayak ride and a nice hike around the property. They also have horseshoes and paddle boards.

Sea Plane: It's an extra cost, but I highly recommend taking the sea plane to get to the resort. The view is awesome

I would highly recommend the Eagle Nook Resort!
    Hope to get back there soon!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

We are so glad that you and your son had such a wonderful time here. We hope to see you again and hope you are enjoying some of those well earned fish.
    All the best.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Just coming back from my annual fishing trip with my son to Eagle Nook Resort. It was again a wonderful trip and one to remember for the future, for sure. Always looking forward to board that 1953 Beech 18 operated by Pacific Seaplanes from Vancouver to the resort which is already an adventure itself. Greeted by the friendly staff when landed right in front of the lodge, we feel welcomed and they take good care of us. Well, and there is Matt, our fishing guide — I have to say, I enjoy the time on your boat not only because of the fishing, but also because of the conversation and the music. ‘Seasons’ — the song of the trip. Last but not least, since it’s about fishing, this year was probably the best out of all. We had 2 1/2 good days already as we got our daily limits quickly when we went for that last halibut on day 4. Expecting for it to be a soso day to get that last halibut, we anchored, set the gear and bait, waited, and watched the ocean when we saw a school of cohos skimming the surface for all the bait fish there was. We took our other fishing pols, jigged for the salmon and got one after another. I wish I had my fly with me and will for sure bring it the next time. Lots of fun for my son and I and I am sure we will talk about it in years to come. Of course, my son was way better than I in getting the fish in, but that is another story.
    One thing I also want to mention is that we like the resort as it is private, not fancy, food is good including lunch and dinner and I like the new hot breakfast. Maybe it’s time for some upgrades to keep up with the time and the young generation to come, but I am sure Dan has this already on his radar.
    And wait, a special thank you to the staff who handles and packages the catch for us. We really appreciate what you do for us! Just put a marker somewhere not to pack more than 23 Kg in one box for your international customers. Otherwise the airline charges another $100 for the overweight.

Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 24 July 2018

Went here for a family trip last week to celebrate my uncles birthday with nine of family members ranging from 12 to...much older :) Exceptional accommodations, food and staff! Amazing, fun fishing guides and unbelievable fishing!

• Trip type: Travelled with family