Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
brewseeker28
Southern California

Fantastic Memories

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Aug 2018
We recently visited the Eagle Nook Resort and everything was top notch. This trip was planned for two years, so we had very high expectations!

Accommodations:
The lodge is wonderful. Our favorite part was the dining room/bar area with spectacular views. Every room has a great water view and the amenities were excellent.

Food: Excellent! Definitely fine dining with artistic flair. Much better than the other fly-in lodge I have been to. Also nice that two menu options were available for each dinner. Breakfast, Appetizers, and Dock-side hot lunch were also great. Plenty of beer and hard alcohol options at the bar.

Service Staff: Excellent all around. All our needs were met. Very nice people!

Fishing: Matt was an awesome guide. He put us on the fish right away and we caught our limit (or very close to it) every day. Our crew was serious about catching fish and he was willing to take us out as early as 5:30am. My 10 year old son caught his first Coho, Chinook, and Halibut on the same trip. He was thrilled. The fishing was capped off with a beautiful 58 lb halibut. We brought home a ton of fish and sent a bunch more to the smoking company (which we will receive in a month or so). The fish was beautifully packed and frozen solid in individual filets.Totally happy with the fishing!! Just a side note, we fished 10+ miles offshore each day, so make sure to dose up on plenty of anti-seasick pills.

Non-Fishing Activities: We were very tired from fishing most days, but found some time to go for a peaceful kayak ride and a nice hike around the property. They also have horseshoes and paddle boards.

Sea Plane: It's an extra cost, but I highly recommend taking the sea plane to get to the resort. The view is awesome

I would highly recommend the Eagle Nook Resort!
Hope to get back there soon!
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Dan B, General Manager at Eagle Nook Resort, responded to this review
Responded 21 Aug 2018
We are so glad that you and your son had such a wonderful time here. We hope to see you again and hope you are enjoying some of those well earned fish.
All the best.
AU$280
  • Agoda.com
    AU$280
29.3 km from Eagle Nook Resort
Ucluelet's Boutique Hotel - Award Winning Top Ranked - Top 25 Small Hotels In Canada
29.7 km from Eagle Nook Resort
Waters Edge Shoreside Suites - Resort Exterior - Still Harbour
30.1 km from Eagle Nook Resort
30.0 km from Eagle Nook Resort
typical bedroom
30.0 km from Eagle Nook Resort
30.6 km from Eagle Nook Resort
View more hotels in Barkley Sound
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Just coming back from my annual fishing trip with my son to Eagle Nook Resort. It was again a wonderful trip and one to remember for the future, for sure. Always looking forward to board that 1953 Beech 18 operated by Pacific Seaplanes from Vancouver to the resort which is already an adventure itself. Greeted by the friendly staff when landed right in front of the lodge, we feel welcomed and they take good care of us. Well, and there is Matt, our fishing guide — I have to say, I enjoy the time on your boat not only because of the fishing, but also because of the conversation and the music. ‘Seasons’ — the song of the trip. Last but not least, since it’s about fishing, this year was probably the best out of all. We had 2 1/2 good days already as we got our daily limits quickly when we went for that last halibut on day 4. Expecting for it to be a soso day to get that last halibut, we anchored, set the gear and bait, waited, and watched the ocean when we saw a school of cohos skimming the surface for all the bait fish there was. We took our other fishing pols, jigged for the salmon and got one after another. I wish I had my fly with me and will for sure bring it the next time. Lots of fun for my son and I and I am sure we will talk about it in years to come. Of course, my son was way better than I in getting the fish in, but that is another story.
One thing I also want to mention is that we like the resort as it is private, not fancy, food is good including lunch and dinner and I like the new hot breakfast. Maybe it’s time for some upgrades to keep up with the time and the young generation to come, but I am sure Dan has this already on his radar.
And wait, a special thank you to the staff who handles and packages the catch for us. We really appreciate what you do for us! Just put a marker somewhere not to pack more than 23 Kg in one box for your international customers. Otherwise the airline charges another $100 for the overweight.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Went here for a family trip last week to celebrate my uncles birthday with nine of family members ranging from 12 to...much older :) Exceptional accommodations, food and staff! Amazing, fun fishing guides and unbelievable fishing!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Eagle Nook Lodge is jus fabulous. I'm just back from a family fishing trip with them and every aspect, from accommodations to the fishing exceeded my expectations. The staff is so professional and welcoming you truly do feel like a guest rather than a customer. We had a mix from hard core to non-fishers, old and young and everyone had a blast. The guides are superb, not just because of the fish they put us on but how much fun they made it for all. Their passion for fishing shows, and each is a "people" person, that makes sure you get what you want out of the day. The lodge staff was equally great, knowing everyone by name and assuring everyone has a great time. We're all laughing about having to return to "civilization" that doesn't include a hot dock lunch after fishing, afternoon apps, or drinks in the hot tub overlooking the water.
You simply won't find a better place to enjoy the beauty and fishing of the Pacific NW.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Came to eaglenook at the end of June and was blown away by the hospitality and the expertise of the guides. We spent 3 days on the water and I dont think we went more than 15 minutes without a bite. As if that isnt enough but you are treated and fed really well while you are at the lodge. Starting in the morning with a killer hot breakfast and fixings to take with you on the boat, which should be enough to get you to super but when you come in from fishing they also greet you at the dock with a dock lunch, where you can watch the staff fillet and bag your fish. This is all followed by appy hour at 5 and an excellent meal around 7. Their chef is awesome and the food was outstanding, I highly recommend this resort and I will be returning

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We wanted something special for our 30th anniversary & Eagle Nook Resort far exceeded our expectations. This Resort, and staff are far above world class. Dan and his Staff bent over backwards to make our experience one that we will never forget. The resort, the people, the food (wow ) & the fishing, with our guide Trevor, was top notch. Trevor went way over to make my wife, Paula who had never really fished offshore before very comfortable, and taught her very well. From the time we arrived, till we, unfortunately had to leave, it felt like we were leaving family! We cannot say, or thank Eagle Nook enough. We will be back next year and every year hereafter!!

Date of stay: June 2018