“A great restaurant in Champoluc ”

Brasserie du Breithorn
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Champoluc
Cuisines: Mediterranean
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

During our ski trip in Champoluc, we ate here twice. Reservation is strongly recommended. The restaurant is packed after 8pm. We started with beef carpaccio. We also had charcuterie and cheese board, 75cm for a group of 6; all kinds of cheese and meat for a great value. Quail was well seasoned and delicious that I enjoyed every single bite of it; duck confit, wild boar ribs, rabbit meat, etc. Great atmosphere in a cozy place welcomes everyone in town.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

You will likely need to book this place as it is very popular. I recommend popping you head in at around 5pm and you may get a table for that evening, or the next at worst.

The service here is really friendly, the menu is meat and fondue, the prices are acceptable, the environment is pleasant. All round a very good restaurant and one that I would go back to if in Champoluc.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The 1 meter charkuterie and cheese plate was excellent, but after that it went down... The rabbit was filled with small bone parts so you really had to be carefull when chewing it, the onion soup was made thicker with flour, so it felt more like a sauce than a soap. The staff was tot awake at all unless you knew them since before. They forgot the deserts for 40 mins, and if they had offered coffe or something as an excuse that would have been fine, but not a word.
The cheese was good ......

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to Champoluc two times before and had always fancied trying this place but have never gone in.
This year I was determined to give it a try, We were not disappointed from the moment of walking through the door we were greeted with a big warm smile and being made to feel very special. The interior is very traditional and has lots of friendly italian ambience. We both decided to have the half of meter cheese and meat board, the waitress carefully and cheerfully explained where each cheese and meat came from in the Aoster region. My wife had the Venison and I had the Wild Boar ribs and we both shared each other’s. Wow the venison and boar ribs were cooked to perfection, this was all washed down with a bottle of red wine Pinor Noire 2016 from the Aoster Valley, it was a match made in heaven.
For desert my wife had the profiteroles and I had the Apple, Rhubarb and meringue, look at the photo, it tasted as good as it looks. The meal was finished off with a local digestive drink, which I chose to be Ginger and then we had two excellent expresso’s.
The other photograph shows some of the cheeses and local cured meats they serve.
We highly recommend a meal in the Brasserie Du Breithorn
For service, ambiance and excellent food and drink. Although we are not planning to go back to Champoluc for a while, when we do return this will be first on our list to visit,

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We visited this restaurant with friends during our skiing week.
I can recomend a visit and to experience the wonderful dood/ wines