“Great Food and Very Friendly Service”

Ristorante L'Essentiel da Andreone
Ranked #8 of 29 Restaurants in Champoluc
Price range: USD 0 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Great choices available in each course with a lovely canapé to start
Steak tartare the best I have had and certainly the largest

Definitely recommend
Service by Andreas really friendly and helpful with translation of ingredients

Reviewed 28 January 2018

From the moment you walk in you are made to feel completely at home, the restaurant is relatively small, and you almost feel as if you're dining in a private home, so you relax immediately. Service was impeccable, our waiter was discreet but attentive, and spoke excellent English. He was happy to explain exactly what each dish was, and was overall excellent, a credit to the restaurant.

As for the food, the quality was simply outstanding, walking a perfect line between the traditional & the contemporary.After an Amuse Bouche, I started with a Ravioli of Wild Boar, served with mountain herbs as well as delicate dressings of béchamel and a Boar jus. The pasta was cooked to perfection, and overall it was a delightful plate! My partner had what the waiter described as a creamier take on a Potato soup, spot on....it was indeed a creamy, rich and flavoursome take on a simple classic, and the crispy Pancetta crumbled in the centre was the perfect finishing touch, adding texture, a light saltiness as well as lifting the dish visually.

For our main's I had a local speciality, Slow cooked Pork Shank (or as the Italians know it, Stinco). It was meltingly tender & falling off the bone, the result of many hours slow cooking. Full of flavour, it was accompanied by a pork & beer sauce, and a side of potato & Apple. Delicious, and probably the best version of this dish I've eaten in the area! My partner had a Quail dish which she was also most happy with, Quail roasted to perfection and again served with a delicious sauce & a side of braised vegetables.

By this point we didn't have room for desserts, but looking around the room as other tables received theirs suggested they keep the high standard going, a Strudel went past that made me regret my lack of appetite by this point!

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, and while this is not the cheapest of Champoluc's restaurants, the quality of the cooking & the ambition to offer a very high level of dining makes this well worth a visit. Add to this the friendliness of the staff & the ambiance of the restaurant and it's a wonderful way to spend an evening in the mountains.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

A lovely place, amazing food and great service!

We arrived here by chance, and found a little hidden gem.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I have been hanging in Champoluc for quite a long time but went to L'Essentiel for the first time a few weeks ago with friends. Staff was really friendly to start with and the feeling of the restaurant nice & cozy with a nicer and more personal touch than other places in town.
There is a good wine list and nice menu with meat & fish options. Unfortunately they did not have any vegan dish when I went but they accommodate my request twisting one of their pasta dishes!

Reviewed 10 March 2016

We went here once. We had the fillet in wine sauce which was very, very good. When one in our company had asked for medium but got rare, the restaurant immediately changed without any fuss. The only "downside" to this restaurant is that the menu is very short and all dishes are quite elaborate. Two adults will enjoy but familys with teenages may struggle.