“Lovely”

Deblyns Teashop & Garden
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in New Romney
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We will be closing for our annual leave at 4.30pm on Thursday 18th January 2018 and will re-open at 9am on Friday 9th February 2018. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause, but look forward to welcoming you at the Teashop on our return.
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Three of us visited for a birthday treat, lots of choice, homemade cakes, all fresh, staff fiendly, would recomend.

1  Thank Sam B

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Lively tea room with many ornaments, tea pots, books, china cups, birthday etc cards, & lots more.
Food is excellent with vegetarian options, good size portions & prices are good. Lovely relaxing environment. Small though with more space in the garden & upstairs. Service is with professionalism, care & offers to provide whatever is possible.
Teas cakes & scones, very large ones including chocolate, can be purchased.

1  Thank nanajay2015
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I would just like to thank Lynn and her staff for the most wonderful afternoon.
Our family were staying in the area and I booked a table for all 13 of us at Deblyns !
The menu is varied with a lovely choice of both savoury and sweet dishes.
A huge thank you to our lovely waitress who coped amazingly with 13 different orders for food and drinks.
It really was a delightful afternoon and I would recommend Deblyns to all.

1  Thank Tracey G
Reviewed 8 August 2018

My husband spotted this quaint tea room driving through New Romney yesterday. The inside lived up to our expectations, lovely decor, fantastic menu and friendly staff greeted us as we arrived. There was a large choice of light lunches, cream teas and cakes at reasonable prices. We had a delicious lunch and we will be returning soon.

1  Thank KayM030573
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely old style tea room
Very friendly welcoming staff
A tiled outside toilet? How fancy!!
Prices are high but good quality food.
Only negative is the fact where I was sat I could clearly see into the kitchen. And what I saw was a younger lady with glasses itching her eye picking her nose. All meanwhile making the food. Very disturbing and unpleasant.
Kitchen hygiene rules need to checked as this isn’t clean and when paying the prices you don’t expect this treatment to the food.

Lynn C, Owner at Deblyns Teashop & Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

As the owner of this lovely old style tearoom I am appalled with what you believe you saw! All members of staff go through an in-depth induction and undertake a level 2 in Food Hygiene. Any member of staff caught behaving in this manner would be dealt with through the disciplinary process. I therefore wish that you had bought this immediately to my attention whilst visiting the Teashop so that I could have investigated further. As you have noted our kitchen is very open and can be seen by all customers and we pride ourselves on our cleanliness and health & hygiene procedures. I am pleased that you thought our food of good quality and that our staff were very friendly and welcoming. Please be assured that I will be investigating this matter further.