“Wholesome food, quick service”

Gibsons Farm Shop Cafe
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Wingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We popped in for lunch on a Sunday in March expecting either to wait or not get a table at all. We were pleasantly surprised to sit down straight away.

Our drinks order was taken quickly, shortly followed by the food order. On the menu was a pie and when I asked what type of pastry the topping was made from, the waitress didn't know but offered to go and find out. I said not to bother but when she got to the kitchen, if it was puff, I'd have the pie, otherwise I'd have the lamb curry which was one of the specials.

The curry and my wife's ham, egg & chips turned up within 10 minutes. The curry had lots of lamb but wasn't very spicy but that wasn't unexpected. My wife's plate contained lots of good ham with enough chips.

All in all, quick service, pleasant staff and wholesome shop cafe food.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Gibson’s used to be my local farm shop before I moved from the area a year ago, so I like to pop in occasionally as I absolutely love the place and haven’t yet found an equal to it. I came in for a coffee at their cafe at around half 11 this morning and ended up ordering their breakfast special (breakfast here is served until 12). As usual, the quality of the food was outstanding and being able to see the chefs preparing meals is a great touch. The dish was scrambled eggs on a poppy seed bagel with a choice of additional toppings, of which I chose smoked salmon. Gibson’s delivers generous portions of food that is made using fresh ingredients, locally sourced and is thus fantastic value for money. The meal I had was £4.99 and could easily be shared between two people and it was a real shame that I wasn’t able to eat all of it - this is in no way a negative, I was just unable to eat such a big plateful. I also ordered a latte which was lovely and hot, and well proportioned, and again clearly made with care and using good quality ingredients.
I recommend visiting Gibson’s to anyone. There is a plethora of farm shops across the East Kent area, but it’s easy to see how Gibson’s has earned its reputation as one of, if not the best.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

If you want a proper full English then look no further all items were perfectly cooked along with a good cup of coffee we left very happy

1  Thank geraldlee2016
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic find this place is. I’ve used the farm shop plenty of times but never been to the cafe, but it’s definitely worth a visit.

Sat in the ‘conservatory’ overlooking the orchard, a lovely light room. The cafe was very busy so a really nice atmosphere.

Had a great breakfast and the sausages in particular (from pigs bred on sight) were fantastic.

On the day we visited they were having trouble with their gas, which only meant they could do scrambled eggs instead of fried - not a big problem but the chef still took the time to come out and check on everyone which was a really nice touch.

Will definitely be back to try the lunch menu and perhaps one of the lovely looking cakes!

Andrew G, Owner at Gibsons Farm Shop Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 3 March 2018

There is a very varied choice of lunches and breakfasts available,nice ,fresh cooked,reasonably priced menu,good sized portions .There is also a very good farm shop attached with everything you need,also a fresh butchery.