“Excellent a la carte lunch”

The Dog at Wingham Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Wingham
Price range: USD 24 - USD 46
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our traditional Kentish pub, with a twist, in the heart of the picturesque village of Wingham just outside Canterbury. Enjoy a warm welcome when you arrive at our family run inn to Drink, Eat and Sleep. Full of character, oak beams and cosy fireplaces relax with a Drink in the Lounge Bar, Eat our fantastic food in the restaurant and Sleep in one of our luxury en suite guestrooms. When the Great British weather allows our spectacular south-facing garden is open and we have plenty of parking.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Excellent choice of high quality food on a la carte menu, very good, friendly service, pleasing to see several Spanish wines offered

TheDogatWingham, Manager at The Dog at Wingham Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leaving us your review.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a great experience with us from the food to the service.

We look forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Lovely surroundings and decor. The food was very good.
My only complaint...you are always rushed in and sat at your table, with no choice to sit at the bar. We have been twice and this happened both times. We asked to have a drink at the bar beforehand and were told no, I will bring the drinks to your table...it's not the same! Lunch and dinner are all about the full experience. I understand that timings are timings, but we could easily have ordered our food from the bar without causing any delay, it was such a shame and ruined the start of a lovely lunch.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leaving us your review.

We usually recommend arriving 15 minutes before your table booking to allow our guests to enjoy a drink at our bar. I'm sorry you were unable to order from the bar I will discuss this further with our staff.

We look forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife and I ate here recently, the food was alright but not really particularly special, perhaps our expectations were set too high from the glowing praise we've seen.

The service was very good, the place itself is pleasant enough but I couldn't really see the correlation between the pricing and the actual meal I ate but hey your mileage may vary. It wasn't a bad meal just very underwhelming is really all I can say.

1  Thank WestM1305

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Although i am sorry to hear all the food wasn't perfect.

Please do not hesitate to inform a member of staff if your food isn't as expected and the team will rectify the dish appropriately or offer you an alternative if you're not happy with it. We want your experience to be the best it can possibly be so are always happy to assist accordingly.

We hope to see you again soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Lovely atmosphere at The Dog Saturday, even though they were very busy, service and food was excellent.

Hi,

Thanks so much for your wonderful feedback.

I am so glad to hear you had a lovely time with us for Easter.

We hope to see you back here at The Dog soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had a fantastic Sunday lunch. There is a great area for a pre drink and the restaurant is really cosy with wood burners dotted around
The menu had a great choice and the food was excellent. I would like to know how they do their roast potatoes ? The service was great as was the staff. Would defiantly recommend the dog to anyone who appreciates an all round great food experience.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am delighted to hear you had a great Sunday Lunch with us and we hope to see you back here at The Dog soon.