Ryokan
Wakakusa no Yado Maruei(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 409
USD 331
USD 280
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 326/night.

Mizuno Hotel(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
Onsenji Yumedono Ryokan(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 935
USD 723
Priceline
K's House Mt. Fuji(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)(Great Value!)
USD 103
USD 52
Hostelworld.com
Konansou(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 407
USD 361
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 468/night.

Toki Yuyu Rakuyu(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 263
USD 200
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Mixed feeling but overall a great stay at Fujinoyado Osashi.

The hotel/facilities: 2.5. A little eerie for me. Checked in after scary fun at Fuji-Q's haunted hospital. The hotel seemed really empty and not well lit in the common areas. No one was around when we went to the lobby to check in. Walls creak a bit. The big positives- panoramic viewing area on the roof. Use your phone flashlight. No lights to the top.

The View: 6 stars out of 5. This was the main reason I booked the room. Snow capped Mt. Fuji. Sugoi!!! So powerful! Towering presence of a 10,000 ft/ 3700m mountain. Very fortunate for clear visibility the two days/1 night being there. You can see part of the Yoshida trail. Can't wait to climb again in August/Sept.

The room: 4.5 out of 5. The Tatami room was very spacious. More than enough room to stretch your legs out. Yukatas to wear around the hotel. TV, refrigerator, Water boiler, hair dryer, Wifi available. Shower room knocks it a star and a half. Mold. What raises the score back up is the private in room onsen. Good for those with tattoos that aren't allowed in public onsens. Nice and heated. Also see paragraph above regarding the view. To be chillin and relaxing with that view oh my.

The food: 4 out of 5. Nice selection of food for Dinner and Breakfast. Kaseki/multi course meal. What really stuck out as awesome- the sashimi and high grade beef. I could pass on the rally salty roe. The setting was just weird. Felt like we were eating in a conference room and not a restaurant. Service was great! Not much English spoken but the staff was very polite and made sure we sort of understood.

Other cool stuff- Lake Kawaguchi is a 2 minute walk away. American style diner- Dino Diner is next to the hotel. Free parking!

The price through Booking.com: 34,700. Private onsen, Dinner and Breakfast included. High price for View and Private onsen. I hope it goes towards fixing the place up. Worth it if you are coming here for the view and private onsens. Not worth the high price if just staying here overnight.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

Despite some not too positive reviews, I decided to spend a night there while visiting kawaguchico. My room was just huge, with all the comforts, I woke up with the beautiful Mount Fuji staring at me and had an amazing Japanese style breakfast. In the evening, I had a pleasant bath in the Onsen totally alone.
It's not the right place if you are looking for a posh 5 stars hotel, but it's a great place where to overnight and enjoy also Onsen. More than recommended!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2016

Our room here was large by comparison with other hotel/inns. What made this special was the view from our window! Mt. Fuji!. We were lucky as not all rooms have this view. Overall the room was clean and well maintained. This could not be said about the rest if the hotel. Hallways were in need of cleaning/painting. Staff seemed indifferent. Whilst I did not use the Onsen my wife informed me it was in need of some cleaning. WE had dinner here on one night and breakfast on two mornings. The food was traditional Japanese and would not suit all. No European options. I did not mind the food but many in our small group ate elsewhere. The hotel has a shuttle but is does not start until 10am! Bizarre! The hotel is about 20 to 25 minutes walk to the station and there is not a lot around. Should you stay here? Well try other properties first and if you are out of luck this will be available

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2015

When I first arrived at Kawaguchiko Station about 2pm, the hotel, who purportedly offered shuttle service refused to pick me up from the station stating that my check in was 3pm so I had to wait an hour if I wanted transportation which was posposterous. So I decided to walk instead of waiting. When I reached the hotel, I couldn't tell if it was mine as the hotel name was in Japanese characters. The front desk clerk was poorly conversant in English and I was finding it difficult to communicate with him. I had booked a Japanese style room which was located on the 2nd floor. The lights of the stairwell or the passageway to my room was poorly lit which gave an eerie feel to the place. There was also strange music (like a musical box) playing in the background which did not help. Got to the room and boy was it old. Badly in need of restoration. Had cobwebs on the ceiling and walls were stained. Chair cushions were faded and had patches of discolouration. View from the room was terrible. Tried to get it changed but again, the front desk was having problems understanding what I wanted. Wifi only in the lobby. Front desk was missing/closed after a certain time in the evening and no adequate security measures were in place that I was aware of as anybody could just walk in or out the front sliding door. If not for the strangely positive reviews, I would not have stayed here. It was not worth the price tag.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Arcanknight
Reviewed 11 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights. We booked the room only without dinner and breakfast. When we asked reception during check-in, can we have dinner at their restaurant, he said no restaurant. I didn't get warm hospitality from the hotel reception, could it be due to the fact that we didn't booked dinner and breakfast earlier? I didn't bother to book kaiseki dinner on the second day given the attitude of the staff.

Never mind, we walked around the area to search for the restaurant. Luckily we managed to find a chinese restaurant by the main street where we really enjoyed their dinner especially fried dumpling, still miss them after a year! We had dinner at the same restaurant the second day, excellent chinese food despite full house.

The hallway to the room was poorly lit, thus it gave us an eerie feeling. The toilet at the ground floor lobby gave me "toilets at the mental hospital feeling". The pictures of Mount Fuji are aplenty, yet the frames looked very old and didn't look good. Hotel wall is paper thin, we could even hear the snoring sound from next door in midnight, which gave us uneasy feeling.

Hotel room is not spacious and old, I was told that the hotel has just been refurbished, could it be I paid for the lower price, thus the room allocated to me was smaller and older? These questions remain unanswered. I will definitely not revisit this hotel, as there are more choices overlooking the lake Kawaguchiko, it would be more happenning and more fun.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple