Ryokan
Wakakusa no Yado Maruei(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 432
USD 352
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 431/night.

Toki Yuyu Rakuyu(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
Fuji Lake Hotel(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 313
USD 235
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 293/night.

Fuji Ginkei(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 467
USD 178
  • Restaurant
Kasuitei Oya(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 375
USD 193
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 248/night.

Fuji View Hotel(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 323
USD 121
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 182/night.

Mizuno Hotel(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
Konansou(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
USD 531
USD 489
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2015

When I first arrived at Kawaguchiko Station about 2pm, the hotel, who purportedly offered shuttle service refused to pick me up from the station stating that my check in was 3pm so I had to wait an hour if I wanted transportation which was posposterous. So I decided to walk instead of waiting. When I reached the hotel, I couldn't tell if it was mine as the hotel name was in Japanese characters. The front desk clerk was poorly conversant in English and I was finding it difficult to communicate with him. I had booked a Japanese style room which was located on the 2nd floor. The lights of the stairwell or the passageway to my room was poorly lit which gave an eerie feel to the place. There was also strange music (like a musical box) playing in the background which did not help. Got to the room and boy was it old. Badly in need of restoration. Had cobwebs on the ceiling and walls were stained. Chair cushions were faded and had patches of discolouration. View from the room was terrible. Tried to get it changed but again, the front desk was having problems understanding what I wanted. Wifi only in the lobby. Front desk was missing/closed after a certain time in the evening and no adequate security measures were in place that I was aware of as anybody could just walk in or out the front sliding door. If not for the strangely positive reviews, I would not have stayed here. It was not worth the price tag.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Arcanknight
Reviewed 11 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights. We booked the room only without dinner and breakfast. When we asked reception during check-in, can we have dinner at their restaurant, he said no restaurant. I didn't get warm hospitality from the hotel reception, could it be due to the fact that we didn't booked dinner and breakfast earlier? I didn't bother to book kaiseki dinner on the second day given the attitude of the staff.

Never mind, we walked around the area to search for the restaurant. Luckily we managed to find a chinese restaurant by the main street where we really enjoyed their dinner especially fried dumpling, still miss them after a year! We had dinner at the same restaurant the second day, excellent chinese food despite full house.

The hallway to the room was poorly lit, thus it gave us an eerie feeling. The toilet at the ground floor lobby gave me "toilets at the mental hospital feeling". The pictures of Mount Fuji are aplenty, yet the frames looked very old and didn't look good. Hotel wall is paper thin, we could even hear the snoring sound from next door in midnight, which gave us uneasy feeling.

Hotel room is not spacious and old, I was told that the hotel has just been refurbished, could it be I paid for the lower price, thus the room allocated to me was smaller and older? These questions remain unanswered. I will definitely not revisit this hotel, as there are more choices overlooking the lake Kawaguchiko, it would be more happenning and more fun.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank La W
Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

I took the bullet train nozomi from Nagoya to shin Yokohama then changed local trains to Kawaguchiko station. Took a total of about 3.5 hours. Then I walked about 2 km to this Hotel taking in sights of the lake along the way. The check in is normally from 1500hrs to 1800hrs and I arrived at around 5.30pm but was already dark as it was the dead of winter.

I made a booking via booking.com and was made aware that this hotel will take only cash and didn't charge my credit card. There is an additional of ¥150 on tax but don't quite understand what that is for. The counter staff although not well versed in English took his patience and time to explain the amenities of the hotel including the restaurant and the onsen to me including the operating hours. I enquired about the winter fireworks and he gave me a map and showed me where to go in the vicinity giving me useful information on bus schedules and attractions nearby.

I stayed on the 2nd level mix of Traditional and modern Ryokan. It was huge with an Ensuite bathroom( with a modern onsen tub), a small living room area with fridge, hot water boiler, wardrobe(with slippers and yutaka), safe box. Then the bedroom was already prepared in advance with my futon bed laid out on the tatami mat. There is a huge 42 inch TV mounted on the wall and a rectangular table with ash tray and free teabags for my enjoyment in the room. The heater is like an airconditioning unit which U can adjust the temperature warm or cold perfect for both Winter and summer months.

I walked to the nearby Ohayashi bridge(5mins away by foot) at night for a spectacular light show against a majestic backdrop of my Fuji on the romantic night of Valentine's Day. The next morning, I left in a hurry very early in the morning to catch the 1st bus at 7am from Kawaguchiko station(about 15 to 20 mins walk) to lake Motosuko for my epic hike to the summit of Mt Ryuugatake. Hence I missed the hotel's breakfast couldn't comment more but was a good experience staying here.

Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank Wyatt A
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I didn't plan my trip well.

Thought I could travel from Kyoto to the hotel within 3hrs. It took 5 and 1/2.

The fastest way is a train from Kyoto to Mishima - hikari to Hamamatsu then Kodama to Mishima, then a bus to gotemba and a bus to kuwaguchiko then a taxi to the hotel.

The last bus out of Mishima is at 710pm even in march.

I left Kyoto at 356pm I made all my connections with 10-15gaps and even had time for a tasty udon at Mishima station for only 360yen
I arrived in kawaguchiko at 930pm

The train to Mishima was easy - JR rail pass
The bus was an extra 940yen and then from Gotemba to Kawaguchiko is ¥1470 taxi was 800¥

It is an expensive trip. I was not expecting. Luckily I contacted the hotel in advance to tell them I would be late. I missed dinner but the udon at the station was satisfying

The host has the front desk open until 10pm
There is free wifi in the lobby
There is now a 150¥ hot springs tax, which no one mentioned... Sounded like bull but the host was telling the truth apparently

My room was warm and quiet. With TV, tea, a shower/bath and toilet. The doors have locks and there is also a safe in the room.
The panorama view is really spectacular. Arriving late I took night photos of Fuji.

I wanted to get sunrise photos but was too tired so I didn't. That was a big disappointment considering the effort I made to get there.

After a nice breakfast - Japanese meal
I wanted to tour the area.

I had planned to do so on foot, but the cost of the bus left me with no cash. And the nearest ATM was the seven eleven 10min walk from the station. I could have travelled to the station, left my bags at the hotel, gotten money, come back, toured and then taken a taxi to the station later, but I was not 100% sure the ATM would take my card so I took the free shuttle (only available in the morning) to the station.

The hotel would not change foreign money and I couldn't convince anyone to swap foreign money, or help me easily.
People at the station are very unhelpful. Banks are closed on Sunday and you can not exchange money at this hotel nor any place I could see on Sunday.

Luckily the seven eleven took my card. So I decided to leave mt Fuji and come back one day when I have more money and more time.

I would recommend arriving at the hotel at 3pm and enjoying sunset by the lake watching the mountain. An early dinner and viewing the mountain at sunrise. Then a lazy walk around the village to some museums and if you have an extra night, travel to the ice cave... But I didn't do that.

I think you need 3 days and 2 nights in Mt Fuji

I will return, better prepared next time.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank f00diet0g0
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Got 'thief' broke in the room while we went down to have bfast within an hour, all of our yen is gone (didn't steal phones, tab and HK dollars but just yen, all I can say is because yen has no mark that even police search their pocket, it can't prove that the money is ours! And interesting thing is the door lock didn't seem like it had someone to 'broke' in, but just use the key to open!!!)

Reported to police but heard that it's not the first time that happen such case! Although I don't have evidence that it's made by the hotel staff but I highly doubt!

The Hotel staff kept questioning us why we didn't keep our stuff in the safe, and kinda pushing the responsibilities to us, but come on, everything is quite obvious and I don't think thief will be that smart to know exactly which rooms have guests (out of the around 20-30 rooms on the same floor), and not only our room got robbed but also the other 2 rooms...

Anyway, highly recommend NOT to stay here, no matter who is the thief! There's no camera on the corridor, hotel lobby and everywhere (they claimed), so is it still safe to stay here? I don't think so...

Sorry to say that, but now I will never trust Japanese again....

• Stayed: December 2013