Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I am a regular visitor of velankanni shrine for many years and i used to stay at Chandra Inn from the time of its opening. For the past 4 years everything went fine eventhough there were small issues while it had the value for money. But my last visit was really horrible and i sadly decided to never go again. We were a group of 5 peoples and we usually stay in the family room which has 2 king size beds. We checked in by 6.30pm and rested for sometime before going church and we felt that AC is not working properly. We asked the room boy and he told it will be fine in an hour. But even after 2 hours from our return from church the room doesnt became cool and we complained the reception for which they alloted a new room. After that the real trouble started. The dinner ordered was half cooked, the service was terrific and they dont even provide bathroom towels or toiletteries. Also the air conditioner in the second room was also not working properly but we deicided to continue in the same because of our tiredness. The complimentary breakfast was just okay but the attitude of staff was so unpleasant that they didnt gave napkin upon request. During the time of checkout we complained about all of this then the awful manager started shouting on us and the owner came. He is a good guy and known for us for past 4 years dealt with decency but we informed him we are not coming back again. If they need function for a longtime then they should appoint polite and cordial staff also should do proper maintenance. Many hotels are available nearby for the same price and i recommend to stay way from this property.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Thomas J
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I recently traveled to Velankanni with family and our stay @ Chandra Royal Inn was terrible.

Cons:
No digital transaction only cash.
-- This itself makes you think that there is some malpractice. I accepted it as there wasnt much options with family and later once I returned noticed that there was no invoice no for the receipt I got. In short - unaccounted money...

Lifts not working:
-- Luckily I was on the first floor but there were customers on higher floors who were complaining about this and the hotel guys bluntly reverted back to them that they could leave... with family i feel you would just take the beating instead of being stranded on the road with no rooms.

No hot water in Bathroom
-- There was no hot water late/early hours.

Room
-- The AC was not in good condition and was tough to manage the hot weather @ Velankanni
-- Torn bed spreads.
-- TV channels were not clear.

Pro:
Parking
-- There was ample space to park your vehicle.

Hygiene:
-- Toilet was clean

Neutral:
Restaurant:
-- Ok.. ok, not much of options, but its better than going out in search of one after a tiring day.

While checkout I noticed a lot of customers to be complaining about the issues they are facing but hotel guys showed no empathy. In-fact one of the arguments heated up on both side and none were ready to let go. I feel the hotel guys could have done a better job.

Please dont fall the pics or for the ratings.... I saw ratings by Bookings.com and Go iBibo... they really need to look into the rating standards if they have rating this hotel 7+...

Overall for the price I paid (3.3K) for a night I wouldnt recommend this hotel at all. This one should be your last option if there are none left.

Room tip: ample parking space
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

The reception staffs don’t even know how to behave with the guests. Their attitude is like; they don’t need anyone to come to their hotel. Worst experience. Will never recommend to anyone. Please choose some other hotel while you are in Velankanni.. Or else you’ll feel humiliated...

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Third class service by hotel MANAGER
I have booked for 2 days for 2 adult 1 child of 12 years at Yarra. Com my another daughter of 1 year total 4 person at the time out the MANAGER gave me the BILL of RS 1400 of my 2nd daughter of 1 year old HE was SHOUTING at me I called the police the the manager let me go off..pls pls don't book this hotel plsssssss

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Kamlesh K
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Very very bad reception people they don’t know how to behave worst to stay cannot accept such a local behaviour of the staff they don’t have patience to listen to the guest food was horrible and rotten don’t ever stay here

Date of stay: April 2018