All reviews infinity pool durbar hall the fine dining restaurant camel ride main pool royal suite vintage cars sister property four poster bed antique furniture like royalty beautiful room stayed longer main restaurant royal experience sitting area beautiful property
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We have stayed here twice before and I must admit that I wondered whether the place would still have impact. It did. This time, we travelled with friends and they too were impressed by the splendid building. It's an extremely attractive place to stay, with a lovely courtyard, two beautiful pools, a calming atmosphere and some spectacular rooms, both public and private. We had a very warm and informative welcome from a young man on Reception. Staff in both restaurants were confident, well trained, friendly and efficient, and the food they served was good.

We had a choice of either a room or a suite and, though we chose the suite, the room was beautiful and I'd have been totally happy with it.

One slight disadvantage was the reliability of and access to wifi. I'm sure such old buildings bring challenges, but I'd have appreciated a better service.

We stayed here for the last two days of our holiday and, if we return to Rajasthan - which is highly likely - I think I'd stay here yet again, but for longer. The village is good to look round but isn't too demanding on time, and at the end of a three week trip around Rajasthan the Samode Palace is a wonderful place to relax.

Finally, not of interest to all, I know, but the shampoo and conditioner here work wonders on my hair!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2018

A wonderful end to our trip to India. We stayed here for the last two nights of our trip to India. It is a lovely property away from it all. There is a small village close by to walk through where they sell jewellery and bangles etc. The hotel has a lovely pool (where you can eat lunch) and a nice spa (we had a couple of relaxing massages and a facial - which were very reasonably priced). We ate in the fine dining restaurant which served lovely food (loved the six different breads) and had a tour of the immaculate kitchen. There was a good breakfast buffet. The palace decorated rooms are simply stunning and one of the hotel staff took us round. The staff are all attentive and, rightly so, are very proud of their hotel. Just perfect. We went to their sister hotel - Samode Bagh for afternoon tea in their stunning gardens.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This old Maharaja’s Palace is just incredible ! Situated in a little village at 1h ofJaipur this place stayed at another Epoque. The palace is just amazing! Do not forget to ask for the visit! We had a private diner and food as well as service were at the level of a Indian Palace... one of the best experience we had in India! Rooms are confortable and spacious. Do not look after a modern hotel, this place has more charm and will make you discover how was living maharaja’s.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018

while staying at samode bagh, we had dinner organised at samode palace.
a lovely place and property. had been there about 3 yrs back.
same cordial staff, very co-operative and guest friendly.

the cuisine was fine, but the fish that we had was terrible,sea food needs to be fresh, but what i gather from my experience, it wasnt !
three of my family members fell ill. that was terrible! my brother had to be taken to a local hospital!

try everything, but never the seafood.

1  Thank tabasheer
Reviewed 19 March 2018

This must be one of the most beautiful hotels in the world! It has lovely architecture, cool shady courtyards, gorgeous flowers and gardens which truly make you feel you are living in a palace. The rooms are spacious and equipped with every ‘mod con’ e.g. air conditioning, a fridge, and super bathrooms.
On arrival after a long tiring coach journey we were a little surprised that the entrance seemed to be in darkness- then to the accompaniment of drumming, and sari-dressed ladies sprinkling petals, the façade was dramatically lit up ! We were welcomed with flower garlands and refreshments, and dinner was served on a roof terrace under a starlit sky. The service was always excellent.
I think the only slight drawback to this heavenly place is that it is a considerable distance from Jaipur so it took over an hour by coach to visit attractions such as the Amber Fort. However this was a small inconvenience to stay in such an exceptional hotel - I wanted to stay longer !