We had a group of 10 families stay at the resort this past weekend and 9/10 rooms (cottages with lofts) were filthy! Dead cockroaches on floors, musty smells in every room, cockroach poo in the cutlery drawer, thick coated dust on every flyscreen, broken furniture and extremely dated, poor quality furnishings. The service was poor and when a young child accidently had an accident in the pool, the reception said " oh well, there's enough chemicals in the pool to deal with that". Meanwhile faeces was floating all around the pool - disgusting! The next day we awoke to a pool full of duck poo which also wasn't cleaned. One of group were robbed and reception couldn't care less, as if it were a regular occurance. We would NEVER stay or recommend anyone, particularly families to stay at this resort. It was like stepping back in time yet the rates reflect a contempary resort! What a joke..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Raffertys Resort is located on the shores of Lake Macquarie, just 90 minutes drive north of Sydney and only minutes from patrolled beaches. The resort is set amongst 35 acres of natural bushland setting and features 103 self contained cottages, two restaurants, two bars, four swimming pools, four tennis courts, water recreational activities, massage centre and a holiday kids club. There are also 6 meeting rooms available for conferences and corporate retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Raffertys Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Lake Macquarie Rafferty`s Hotel Cams Wharf
- Mercure Cams Wharf
- Accor Cams Wharf
- Raffertys Resort Lake Macquarie/Cams Wharf