All reviews curry gurkha restaurant naan bread lamb lovely night restaurant food is open kitchen slow service nice outdoor area added bonus forest of dean easy access warm welcome well worth a visit stayed for nights mains chepstow
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Eat here occasionally - takeaways more often, always good but meat in some dishes quite scant. HOWEVER - since recent takeover we've had EXCELLENT meals with superb flavour and good content of meat. Lamb Raji Rani (? :) Just gorgeous!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FYI_Guys
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Arrived on the 18th August at 7.15pm for a night's stay. The guy on reception said you are supposed to be here tomorrow, I said, No and showed him the reservation email. He then informed me that they were fully booked. I was far from impressed as I had a guaranteed booking!!
He then proceeded to take 25 minutes trying to ring the booking company whilst I stood there waiting. After the 25 minutes, I phoned them got straight through and had to get him to answer the phone to them ringing him!! No apology for the over booking, nothing!! As far as he was concerned I had no room and he made no attempt to correct the situation!! Quite shocking service from a hotel that had such good ratings!! I would still be sitting there if it was up to him. Luckily the booking company rapidly found me another room not far away. If you're going to stay here make sure that you ring them directly as well if you book via a booking site. I was shocked at his complete lack of concern at leaving me with nowhere to stay at 8pm on a Saturday night!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent the day diving at NDAC followed by a night at the Wollaston. We got a very warm welcome, a comfortable and clean room and an amazing dinner. What more could we possibly want? I would highly recommend the Wollaston. The food is stunning, the staff are brilliant and it is good value for money.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay here, comfortable and extremely friendly staff who were very accomadating. The food was also amazing!! Only downside if any was that the location is directly next to a main road making it slightly noisy at night with cars flying by. Would definitely reccomend and stay again if we were in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We have visited numerous times and always found the restaurant good. However we visited last night and the food and menu was on a whole new level under new management. It was perfect and every dish wash packed full of flavour and fresh! Will definitely be back soon.

Date of stay: July 2018