1,343 results
All reviews business park caprice restaurant virgin experience modern hotel course meal train station underground parking good size indian menu steam room and sauna executive room reception staff the sofa bed spa break excellent facilities set menu an industrial estate
Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

I arrived at 11:45pm after a long flight only to be greeted by some idiot that wanted so much information when I only wanted to go to bed!

The breakfast was one of the best but it is so difficult to communicate with staff that have very little knowledge of English.

Parking was free and internet speed excellent. Hotel room was very clean. I would stay in the hotel again and hope the the foh staff can be trained to just swipe my credit card when I arrive rather than ask sooooooooo many unnecessary questions.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank p1g1scott
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear p1g1scott

Thank you very much for your positive review related to your experience with the Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10

We appreciate your loyalty to IHG and your opinion is valuable to us. We are glad we have exceeded your expectations for high quality and service in so many areas although we apologise if our front office team appear to have delayed your check in. Your feedback has been shared with them to ensure that this remains an isolated incident. We will do our best to make you feel comfortable and relaxed during your future stays as well and in particular make your check in experience as swift as possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

I arrived after 7 hour drive from Scotland. I'm here in the UK for work and I fly out from London to back home. I was so happy to arrive to only run into the worst customer service ever! The company pays for the room. But wanted my CC to charge for Incidentals, which I didn't have any money left to charge. I've been all over the US and when I have ran into this issue before, the manager always waived it and checked me in. But the Manager here told me he could not help me. I asked him was there anything he can do,Since I was a Elite Spire Elite and could not use my CC at this time. He said there was nothing he can do. So I said "so I will have to sleep in the street"? He had a blank look on his face and just said sorry. I will make sure that non of my co-workers that are here in the UK to use this hotel, ever!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
8  Thank Ali Z

Dear Ali Z

We were rather surprised to have received your review considering that the circumstances relating to your booking are completely at variance to your review.

As you will appreciate you arrived at the hotel in circumstances where you advised your employer had booked your 3 night booking and would not be attending to present the original credit card as required to verify the participation of the genuine cardholder in the transaction. .

In order to ensure that the hotel adheres to merchant services rules, the hotel's published policy provides as below :-
For advance purchase bookings original credit card must be produced at check-in.

When you were advised of this policy, you informed the duty manager that you were working in kitchens locally, and did not have an alternate credit card to guarantee your booking. In order to assist you it was requested that you provide a small cash deposit until the hotel was able to obtain a third party credit card pre authorisation from your employer the following day. Your response was to advise the hotel duty manager that your employer had made another booking for you locally and you no longer required the room and to walk out.

The unfortunate increase in fraudulent use of credit cards has necessitated the requirement for the original credit card to be presented for pin verification at time of check in, and as you were unfortunately unable to present the original card, or a deposit until your employer was able to do so, you will appreciate that the hotel had no guarantee that your bill would be paid.

We apologise if you experienced any inconvenience as a result of our published credit card policy but feel it inappropriate in the circumstances for you to have posted a negative review when the hotel has acted properly at all times.

Regards

Hotel Management

Reviewed 1 October 2015

Great location just off M4, excellent room, evening meal and breakfast. We stayed on Friday night and got an excellent room rate. Very friendly and helpful staff. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Free parking in basement car park was great feature.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear David N

Thank you very much for your wonderful review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10. We appreciate you taking the time to share your memorable experience and are pleased you found our close proximity to the M4, an ideal stopover for your journey to Stansted airport

It is our main goal to ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay for our guests by providing the highest quality of service and accommodation, and we are very pleased to note how much you have enjoyed your time with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend treated me to a weekend here for my birthday and it was lovely..

Right next door to a train station for access to nearby towns Woking and Reading.

The rooms were very modern and the spa was very relaxing!

We had a hot stone massage..WOW.! Could have had another hour easily!

Staff were pleasant and when they made a mistake with our treatment booking they fitted us in at another time and extended our stay so it wasn't an issue!

Would definitely return and recommend !

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sere R

We thank you very much for taking the time to write about your lovely stays at the Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10

We very much appreciate your lovely review and are delighted you enjoy every aspect of your experience with us including in particular your hot stone massage in our relaxing Esprit Spa faciliites and the warm welcome provided by our team. There is nothing more rewarding for our efforts than our happy guests who love to stay with us.

Once again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Reading and we hope you had a wonderful birthday. We look forward to welcome you back, hopefully in the near future,

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Nice new modern hotel, but no atmosphere and terrible service. I had to embarrassingly argue not to have my debit card swiped for £50 pre authorisation when I was booked dinner, bed and breakfast. No recognition for IHG platinum members. My free drink was a bottle of carlsberg....no option of draught! It is also a franchise under the Holiday Inn branding, so do not expect the level of service you would get from a genuine Holiday Inn. I wouldn't stay again or recommend this hotel. The only upside was the Indian food which was pretty good.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Rob R

Dear Rob R

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Reading for your recent stay, and for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I apologise that you were inconvenienced by our published policy regarding the requirement for all guests to provide a pre authorisation for £ 50 to cover the cost of extras. As you will appreciate, in a four star hotel there are numerous facilities and services on offer such as extensive food & beverage, spa treatments, high speed internet, dry cleaning etc. Without a pre authorisation being taken the hotel has no means of ensuring that it is paid for any such services enjoyed or items consumed by our guests.

I would also like to assure you that our Elite Reward member complimentary beverage offering is fully in accordance with the IHG brand standard and I apologise if the Carlsberg beer was not to your liking. We do need to segregate the premium branded Elite Reward club member offering from the remainder of the bar offering to ensure that the liquor can be accounted for from a stocktake perspective.

We are pleased to note your enjoyment of our authentic Indian menu offering prepared by our brigade of Indian chefs. We also offer a superb modern British food to two rosette standard which we hope you will get a chance to try on your next stay .

Your valuable feedback has been shared with them in order to improve our standards

Thank you once again for your feedback; We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when we will do our best to meet and exceed your expectations .

Regards