“What can you expect from this slice of paradise?”

Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kewarra Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 July 2012

As much as you want. Or, as little as you want. My wife and I spent 3 nights there after a 7 day scuba adventure on the Great Barrier Reef. We were looking for our land legs and some relaxation. We were not disappointed.

Pick Up. The resort arranged for our pick up in Cairns. Right away we felt special.
Check In: Smooth like a hot knife through butter. Neil greeted us and handled our luggage while Heather did a great job of checking us in. With a huge smile. The front desk folks (Heather and Jane) were terrific. Once we checked in, Heather fetched us a refreshing drink and we basked in the very zen like lobby sofas. Then, Neil greeted us and walked us to our beach front villa.

Room. Simply perfect with all the amenities. A comfortable room far enough removed from the ocean that it was quiet but close enough we could see it. We were in Room 8. If I were to take another, I would choose between 4 through 8. The walk is insignificant and those appeared to be the best. I cannot comment on the "tropical" rooms. We did take a walk around the grounds and they seemed nice. As far as housekeeping goes, they were completely invisible.

Beach. Amazing. Don't expect crystal clear waters but the beach has a world class view and feel. The chairs were very comfortable and there was absolutely no sense of feeling crowded. I am not sure of the occupancy at that time, but for me, it was perfect.

Food and beverage. The beach "shack" is fun. What a great way to have a Blue Sky Pilsner or a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. And food was great. Friday night is home made wood burning stove pizza night outdoors. Don't miss it.

The interior restaurant was good. Food was pricey but worth it. There were some great specials and the wine list is very reasonable with a varied selection. Let's put it this way, you could go out and eat somewhere else, however, I doubt you'd find much better and the ambiance at Kewarra not to mention the great service is hard to beat. I hope I got this right, but the food and beverage manager (Ryan?) did a great job. Don't hesitate to take the breakfast included package. If you can't find something in this breakfast buffet...well...nm.

Concierge. The front desk served as concierge as well. We asked for a trip to the Daintree Rainforest and it was handled lickety-split (that means fast). No fuss...no muss.

Overall. Loved it. I have not read others and we are from Canada. It was just great R&R. I just wish it was closer!

Room Tip: If you are staying in a beach front, choose between 4 through 8. 9 is the end (but not that bad)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AMorneau

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We had 5 Nights at this location, with every night being better than the night before, we had a romantic dinner on the beach that was fantastic, with personal service (Thanks Eva), a day on the outer reef organised by the resort and a couples massage, everything was perfect, and the reception staff (Heather) were always helpful with local information, in fact all of the staff at this resort were extremely friendly and helpful.
I have no problem recommending this resort to family and friends. We would definitely return to this wonderful location.
Thank you Kewarra Beach Resort and Spa for making our Honeymoon a memorial experience.

Mark and Sally

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 30 July 2012

wonderful resort just out of cairns
food ,accommodation,lovely beach couldnt fault a thing
had a great time would highly recommend kewarra beach resort and spa
for a quiet relaxing break . we hired a car and really it was a waste of money as kewarra can organize transfers and bus trips to any of the attractions they have to offer .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank julie a
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My mom, sister and I spent three nights at Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa, in July 2012. The resort is absolutely gorgeous and the staff are some of the nicest people I've ever met throughout my many travels.

During our stay, we were in a beachfront bungalow. I would highly recommend selecting this time of room. It was gorgeous.

The only negative feedback I have is:
- Although the food at the restaurant was delicious, it was fairly expensive.
- The water at the beach was not nice at all. It was almost brown coloured. Perhaps just the weather they had been having though.

I would also recommend booking any spa treatments ahead of time, as the spa is not open everyday, thus we were unable to book anything.

Overall, would definitely recommend, based on the beautiful surroundings, staff and facility itself.

Room Tip: Definitely go with the beach bungalows, as they're closest to the water.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

14 of us visited Kewarra for four days of celebration for my husbands 60th birthday! On 22nd July 2012. We were simply bowled over by the beauty of this hidden Gem! Thank you to all the staff, from Neal our gentleman cart driver/ come everything, Heather on the desk for her amazing patience, Carolynne for organising, Eva, challenged, but succeeding at the bar & Roan who pulled it, & us all together, you're the best!
The cabins, lovely, very secluded. The green of the rainforest, the magnificent beach with it's broad stretches of white sand and most specifically the Beach Bar where we enjoyed some great Pizza on Friday night dancing off any calories with the friendly DJ on the beach. I'm sure the
whole population of Kewarra were there, all friendly locals.
The Golf ball shaped mud cake that I ordered tasted & looked wonderful, top points to the cake
artist. Great innovative food & a fine wine list, plus lovely wait staff! What more could anyone
want. But wait.. The boy's, well, it was all about the Golf!! Paradise Palms Golf course was
Pronounced to be a magnificent course! High praise! The Spa, my Bali Style massage was the best I've ever had! She was such a lovely lady, very talented!

Room Tip: We were in Bahinia cabin number 69, we thought it was the pick! Take your own hairdryer if you are f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Sarayi Boutique Hotel
#7 of 8 in Palm Cove
4.1 km away
Peppers Beach Club & Spa

Been to Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!