As much as you want. Or, as little as you want. My wife and I spent 3 nights there after a 7 day scuba adventure on the Great Barrier Reef. We were looking for our land legs and some relaxation. We were not disappointed.
Pick Up. The resort arranged for our pick up in Cairns. Right away we felt special.
Check In: Smooth like a hot knife through butter. Neil greeted us and handled our luggage while Heather did a great job of checking us in. With a huge smile. The front desk folks (Heather and Jane) were terrific. Once we checked in, Heather fetched us a refreshing drink and we basked in the very zen like lobby sofas. Then, Neil greeted us and walked us to our beach front villa.
Room. Simply perfect with all the amenities. A comfortable room far enough removed from the ocean that it was quiet but close enough we could see it. We were in Room 8. If I were to take another, I would choose between 4 through 8. The walk is insignificant and those appeared to be the best. I cannot comment on the "tropical" rooms. We did take a walk around the grounds and they seemed nice. As far as housekeeping goes, they were completely invisible.
Beach. Amazing. Don't expect crystal clear waters but the beach has a world class view and feel. The chairs were very comfortable and there was absolutely no sense of feeling crowded. I am not sure of the occupancy at that time, but for me, it was perfect.
Food and beverage. The beach "shack" is fun. What a great way to have a Blue Sky Pilsner or a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. And food was great. Friday night is home made wood burning stove pizza night outdoors. Don't miss it.
The interior restaurant was good. Food was pricey but worth it. There were some great specials and the wine list is very reasonable with a varied selection. Let's put it this way, you could go out and eat somewhere else, however, I doubt you'd find much better and the ambiance at Kewarra not to mention the great service is hard to beat. I hope I got this right, but the food and beverage manager (Ryan?) did a great job. Don't hesitate to take the breakfast included package. If you can't find something in this breakfast buffet...well...nm.
Concierge. The front desk served as concierge as well. We asked for a trip to the Daintree Rainforest and it was handled lickety-split (that means fast). No fuss...no muss.
Overall. Loved it. I have not read others and we are from Canada. It was just great R&R. I just wish it was closer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 minutes from Cairns in picturesque tropical North Queensland set on 30 acres of lush landscaped rainforest gardens this private boutique beachfront property provides the ultimate Australian vacation experience. With a focus on environmental sensitivity, superb cuisine & world class service, while boasting extensive botanical gardens with detached secluded suites & spacious private bungalows it’s no surprise that this wonderfully romantic hideaway has become a firm favourite with honeymooners & nature lovers the world over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kewarra Beach Hotel Kewarra Beach
- Kewarra Beach Resort And Spa
- Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa Cairns Region