“Perfect beach wedding”

Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kewarra Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We held our wedding at the resort, on the sand right on the beach. It was absolutely perfect, our guests thought the venue was stunning. The wedding coordinator was very helpful and thought of every detail. We held the reception in the function room, after the weather turned we couldn't hold it at the beach hut. It was still so wonderful, better than I expected. The reception staff were SO attentive to drinks and other details. The food was really good, a lot of people commented on it. Our beach front cabin was thoroughly tidy and seemed quite new. I honestly had my dream wedding here - the resort and staff exceeded all expectations. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a classy, beach wedding. We really couldn't have been happier :-) We will be back for our anniversary.

Room Tip: Beach front cabins are super nice, but there may be some people-traffic in the mornings with dog wal...
2  Thank Meghann B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Kewarra is a beautiful resort with a great team of people who looked after us extremely well. Special mention to Damien for providing such great restaurant experiences, Eva for her wonderful cocktails and Jane for her professionalism at the front desk.
If you are ever there on a Friday night make sure to speak with Damien and book for Pizza night at the beach hut - the best Pizza we have ever had with great views of the ocean and islands.
Only downfall was the lack of professionalism from the person making the bookings for the White Lotus Spa, which is run separately to the Resort. I have no doubt that if this was run by the resort I would not have encountered the issues I did.
We loved it.

Room Tip: The Pandanus Bungalows are great with a view of the Lagoon - try and get one of the end ones
2  Thank Donna H
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights in mid-May. Here is a summary of our experience:
Pros:
* Staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable
* Grounds are lovely, lots of trees, 2 pools, right on the beach and good opportunity to see native wildlife just wandering around (we saw a wallaby outside our bungalow, geckos and a curlew).
* Day Spa is amazing - if you have the time, you simply must go there and get pampered!
* Free tai chi or yoga classes on the beach in the morning (certain days)
* Room cleaned everyday, with thorough sweep/vacuum done (timber floors and lots of sand around...). Fresh towels provided every day - I can't remember the last time I had this in an Australian hotel! (we've had water restrictions for years)
* shuttle bus to Cairns CBD available ($12.50 return I think)
* I was on a very restrictive diet (medical) and the staff were very accommodating and helpful
* Free wi-fi!!!! This was a life saver on more than one occasion...

Cons/Notes:
* Bed was too bouncy and uncomfortable, with pillows either way too hard or too soft
* Bathroom was a bit old, shower was over the bath and not particularly roomy. Kept hitting my elbow on the soapdish.
* Limited number of TV channels (not all free-to-air were available)
* No alternative eating venues nearby (main meals at Paperbark are in the $35-40 price range) - closest is the Kewarra Beach shops (2.2km away) which has a small IGA supermarket and a really good local fish & chip shop. Otherwise it was a drive into Cairns (20mins).
* Not all tour/attraction operators do pick ups from Kewarra Beach. A hire car is a must if you're staying here and you want to do some exploring. There is a local bus (#110/111) that comes about every 30 or 60mins (depending on time of day), but it takes 1 hour to get into Cairns by bus.

We really enjoyed our stay here and this was mostly due to the staff that work here - they truly make the experience an unforgettable one (for all the right reasons!) :-)

3  Thank Lil_SK
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. Dissappointed room didn't inlclude breakfast, but more of an oversight on our part.

Very warm welcome and excellent reception staff - couldn't have been more polite and accommodating.

Lovely cabins, could do with a lick of paint but well appointed and clean.

Beautiful rainforest come beach location - very private and secluded.

A solid restaurant menu (we ate there all three evenings) with good drinks menu also. Food very good indeed. Attentive waitresses.

Thanks for an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed at the Kewarra Beach Resort for 4 nights and was extremely delighted with my time there. The staff were all very friendly and personable. They were always available to assist with any questions I had or to re-confirm my day trips. Also, the city bus was easily accessible from the hotel and the staff provided bus times and instructions. I was pleasantly surprised by the maintenance and upkeep of the grounds - the pools were intricate and unique, paths around the premises were well groomed and the surrounding rainforest adds a great wildlife experience. One morning on the way to breakfast there was a wallaby in my path! The sunrises on the beach were beautiful where I also saw dolphins! The accommodations were clean and comfortable as well especially since they provided free wi-fi and laundry. I would definitely return to Kewarra Beach if I went back to Palm Cove and hopefully get the chance to utilize the spa.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1.9 km away
Paradise Palms
Paradise Palms
#2 of 2 in Kewarra Beach

Been to Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!