“DO IT!!! Best experience on the island!!”

Aruba Bob Snorkeling
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Savaneta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Using our underwater scooters, we can show anyone from beginners to experienced snorkelers a fun and unique way to discover the best snorkeling Aruba has to offer. We snorkel off the beach in an area called Mangle Halto. It is by far the best coral and marine life on the island. Your group sizes can range anywhere from 1 person to 8 people, although we can can accommodate larger groups during certain times. Please email for further information on larger groups. For more information please read our FAQ page on our website.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Without a doubt, this was the best experience for us while visiting Aruba. We also did a snorkel cruise with one of the tour operators, and it just doesn't compare to our trip with Suart and Aruba Bob Snorkeling.

The water was gorgeous, the fish and coral were stunning, and Stuart was a fantastic guide. My wife had not been snorkeling before and was seriously terrified once we got out there. Stuart talked her through it and 10 minutes into it, she was getting around like a pro. We're really thankful for the extra care and attention he gave us to make sure that it was an unforgetable trip.

We paid for the private tour, as it was our honeymoon.....it was well worth the money, and we got some GREAT pictures of our trip. I would recommend this option to anyone that's looking for a memorable experience.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Aruba and is looking for a snorkeling tour. Aruba Bob is the best!!

2  Thank Michael B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"coral formations"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 7 May 2013

After reading different reviews on tripadvisor for different snorkeling trips I decided to email Aruba Bob. Stuart was very prompt in answering my mails with all my questions. I decided for a private trip with a friend since I had never snorkeled and preferred a closer attention. For a little extra, Stuart picked us up at our hotel and he was exactly at the time we had agreed. On the way to his shop he explained us the basics about the snorkeling. He also was very open about mentioning he had seen jelly fish early in the morning and many people would back down just at the mention. I think it was very professional of him to mention it, aware that we could back down on the snorkeling. He explained us the risks of the stings of the jelly fish and once we were aware we decided to go with it and if he saw there was too many of them, we would go back.

All the equipment was in good shape and lent us some wetsuits just to minimize the exposed areas where we could get stung by the jellyfish. Once in the water Stu was very patient explaining what we should do with the mask and snorkel and the scooter. With the help of the scooter one can make it to farther distances than we could have just by swimming. He took tons of great quality pics of us and sent us a link to download them.

One you're back to the shop, it's part of a bed & breakfast where you are welcome to use the bathroom. Don't understimate, MIND the step just outside the ladies room.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

My husband really wanted to go snorkeling. However, I was very nervous about snorkeling for the first time. I got into the water and kind of freaked out. Stuart talked me down from the ledge in such a calm and reassuring way. He asked if I would just hold onto his arm and he would guide me for the first couple of minutes. I realized it wasn't as bad as I had made it out to be in my mind and ended up going around on my own after that. The salt water makes you very buoyant and it is easy to float. The fish were beautiful and it was a beautiful other world. Thank you, thank you, thank you Stuart. I would have missed out on so much. My husband didn't know until later how I almost didn't even go. Kat was wonderful with the rest of the group and they both took great pix. They both really love what they do- on their afternoon off they were going back into the water. We can't recommend them enough!

1  Thank robertsonclan
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We went to Aruba on a company trip, and I decided snorkeling would be a great fit for my wife and I. It turns out that a lot of other folks on the trip also went snorkeling, but only a small portion of them went with Aruba Bob. It turns out we were the lucky ones!

The snorkeling trip itself was about 1.5 hours. Stuart and Kat were very helpful and friendly, showing us how to put on the gear, which was really good quality stuff. They reminded the mustachioed guys to put Vaseline on our flowing lip-locks to avoid leakage. This worked like a charm. They showed us how to use our underwater scooters, which were a great help in getting us through the mile and a half journey.

The journey itself was amazing. Of course the water was clear, but the first half is over a live, thriving reef. There were a couple of tight spots we had to swim through, but Stuart and Kat made sure that we were safe and sound. They gave us bits of advice throughout the trip, and helped us to understand everything that was going on. When we were tired, we took breaks and never felt rushed.

Stuart and Kat took a ton of pictures, and they were gorgeous. Pics of wildlife and pics of us, all free on their website. Once we got back to their building, we were able to us the facilities at a next door bed and breakfast, and get a refreshing drink.

After talking to our fellow travelers who snorkeled with other groups, and they don't really compare. In fact, we snorkeled the day before at baby beach as part of an island tour, and it didn't really compare. It was like night and day. The trip cost us around $75 per person, and I tipped a substantial amount because of the service.

Here is what you DONT want to do with Aruba Bob's:
1. Don't try to bully them. These people do this as a job, but they also enjoy themselves while they are out there. So if you expect them to alter their plans and endanger the party because you want them to, they probably won't take you out. If you think you can get them to change their stance on that by taking your business elsewhere, they will happily tell you to do that.
2. Don't get drunk before you go. Stu will not take inebriated people out.
3. Don't be a maverick. Listen to Stu and Kat and you will do great.
4. Don't be afraid. Stu and Kat have taken people out who were less than ideal candidates, and have brought them back safely. Anyone can enjoy this wonderful trip.

1  Thank mrsachmo