See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I stayed in the Dushi Sue overwater bungalow for a long weekend. I was interested in an "off the beaten path" experience after so many stale nights at the Marriott, and I definitely got what I asked for. This place has such charm and spirit. It's kind of like staying in a cabin, but on the ocean -- it's kind of a luxurious bohemian vibe. I haven't slept that well in years, it was so relaxing and chill listening to the waves brake and the ocean breeze. It got a little warm in the room during the hottest part of the day, but I just opened the windowed door to the ocean and it fixed that right up, plus the bed in that unit has an air conditioner built into it that blows down on your while you're sleeping, which I found really nice. The staff was extremely friendly to me, and I enjoyed the food as well. Pretty sweet place overall.

Room Tip: Definitely get an over water bungalow.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

This was my first time in Aruba. A convenient flight from NYC. I’m a writer, and had been seeking a vacation/creative outlet to spark inspiration. The provocative Hemingway reference “The Old Man and The Sea” immediately seduced me...

The entrance to Aruba Ocean villas was reminiscent of walking into a painting...enveloping you with an almost tangible feeling of fantasy merging gracefully with Mother Nature...
Naturally, the woman responsible for adorning the Villas with her spirit is a divinely gifted Mother, and native of Aruba-Osyth Henriquez. Therefore, a maternal intention is woven into every detail of this resort.
Art brings life to every inch of this living masterpiece. The hotel is Osyth’s personal playground for expression. She is a modern day Frida Khalo. A rare diamond who created a small village into a love poem. Her artwork is ever changing, flowing as the ocean, as there’s a sense of movement throughout the Villas. I enjoyed the innovative placement of the vintage accessories, as well as the painted grand piano. The Villas inspired me to surrender my phone, and let go of my constant need for musical escape...while embracing nature’s soundscapes, and song of the ocean...

Highly recommended, to all creatives/romantics...
Thank you, Aruba Ocean Villas. ♥️

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2018

I'm so surprised by the negative reviews on this site. My wife and I just got back from a full week at Aruba Ocean Villas, and we had an incredible time. The service was amazing. JD, Wendell, Maria and the crew were friendly, accommodating, and happy to help. We stayed in the Isla Alistaire bungalow over the water. Fully 1/2 of that room is outdoors, including the shower, a bathtub and one of the beds. Yes, sometimes there was a crab in the shower...and yes sometimes a whiptail lizard would run across the room. If you don't find that charming and funny, this is probably not the place for you. The fact that it's partially outdoors and over the water also means you don't have 100% privacy. If that's what you're looking for, you should probably go to one of the massive, boxy, touristy hotels on the north end of the island. As for us, we slept outdoors, with an amazing breeze that kept all the bugs away, and fell asleep to the sound of waves with heat lightning far off in the distance. It really was pretty incredible.

It's not the Ritz...it's a quiet, peaceful, outdoor, over the water bungalow, with great views of the ocean and excellent service. If / when we go back to Aruba, we'll absolutely stay here again. No doubt.

Room Tip: Get one of the over the water bungalows. Isla Alistaire was our favorite, although Dushi Sue looked nice, too.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Our room wasn't ready until 9p. Despite saying they would refund that nights stay they strung us along and lied multiple times that the refund was processed. Don't waste your time and money on this place. They were unprepared for our arrival, admitted that and agreed to a refund that never happened. Just lies, disrespect and poor customer service. If you say it do it, it is that simple. If they have to steal my money they may not be in business long!!! D.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DYoung0317
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I would give this place 0 stars if I could. Upon first arriving this place looks beautiful but the more time you spend there the more you realize how disgusting this place is. There were stains all over the bed and couch, and there was mold on the sheet over the bed, which is where the only air condition unit is. There are a ton of mosquitos in the room and even on the balcony; there is a swamp right next to the Dushi room. The room is very hot and humid and the only source of cold air is on the bed, right under the air condition. The WiFi works whenever it feels like it and disconnects often. The curtains don’t close all the way so there really isn’t much privacy. There were steps leading to the ocean but we couldn’t step in the water because it was full of tree roots and plants. This was suppose to be a nice addition to our honeymoon but instead we left there full of mosquito bites. The only good thing about this place is the view. NEVER AGAIN!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple