“Excellent food, wonderful service & great prices”
Review of La Botte Piena

La Botte Piena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I was visiting Trevignano with my husband and looking for a place to bring a group of clients when we stumbled on this little gem. We arrived early to take a peak and the staff was eating. They were so kind in stopping their meal to answer my questions that my husband and I decided to stay and try the place ourselves. We had a wonderful seafood meal. We were so impressed with both the quality of the fish and the prices that I arranged to return with clients the next week. Just like promised, when we arrived the table was ready for our group of 10 and the fireplace was on. Each of the 10 dishes arrived perfectly and my group was so happy with the choice of restaurant. Thank you La Botte Piena! I can't wait to come back with friends.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Fabulous food. Came here for lunch on our last day in Italy. The marinated perch was delicate with great texture, the octopus salad had just the right amount of bite. The corregone (whitefish on the menu) was so good that people were sucking the meat out of the heads, but for me the star was the Tortino di Maiale con creama Tartufat -- which the english menu does no favours by calling "Pork Pie"-- a fantastic confection of layers of pork and potato bathed in truffle sauce and baked. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Sunday lunch, excellent food. wine, service and, I am reliably informed, the best desserts in the town. Excellent value the proprietor is attentive and cares about his customers. booking is advisable at weekend. This is not a criticism of the restaurant but they have a face book page (In my humble view a facebook page for a restaurant is as much use as a carpet fitters ladder) and it is evident they never look it. I tried to find when they were closed for the holidays and had to resort to walking into town and looking at a notice on the door, not good in this day and age. The restaurant is however as good as it gets.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The restaurant is on a side street a few meters from the promenade, but you also find outside sitting on the promenade. We loved their "spaghetti with truffles" , grilled chicken thighs, and pasta with seafood! We had actually had planned to go back for our last dinner in town, but did not realize they are closed on Mondays.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

I went in this beautiful place. The food is great and the owners is very nice. I will come back in the future!