“Yummy, original and yet traditional!”

La Locanda del Gusto
Reserve with
La Locanda del Gusto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Randomly on the Bracciano lake on business, looking for a place to have lunch. It's slightly raining as I walk on the lake side and this place is the one with the good awning on their veranda. Little did I know, they are a food gem! Friendly and hospitable the owner (Gianluca - I asked) has an earnest attitude and seems rather passionate about their recipes as he tells me about a couple of things that are not available on the menu (after all it's Tuesday and fresh sea fish is much harder to come by right after the weekend - they are closed on Mondays).
So I ask him to recommend an appetizer and a pasta dish form me, and sure enough I get one of the best red Sicilian shrimp tartare I ever had, and a glorious tonnarelli (square thick spaghetti) with amatriciana-style octopus and cherry tomato sauce.
Absolutely recommended.
The beautiful lakeside scenery, the breeze that has blown the rain away and a nice glass of dry Sauvignon also don't hurt.
Bravi.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I have discussed with my self wether 2 or 3 would best reflect my experience at La Locanda, and decided that two dots are representative. We were a family of five visiting a few days ago, and we looked forward to a good dinner in the sunset. Looking back I think it's vasted to serve medium food with such a good view, the area should be reserved for drinks and icecrem only. Starters were bruchetta and ham with melon. Nothing was done to make the dishes look appetising; crude cut and thrown on a plate. The ingredients did not taste like homemade either; more like Carrefour. My starter was various fish. I love fried anshovies, and they were good. The other stuff was more doubtful; especially the "cake" in the middle, which tasted nothing. Main courses: filet of pig with bacon and too much sauce. Again; a bit more work on the presentation is recommended. We also had large shrimps; OK but very messy to eat, and extra towels is suggested. My main course was filet of plaise - absolutely tasty, very small, but why just serve them on an ochre colored serviette? It does not exactly make your mouth watering! And finally it was quite a job to get attention so we could pay, but I 'm getting used to that.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

The location is fine, but the food is not very special. Just okay for the price they charge you. There are better options in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

We were there for lunch on a beautiful summer Tuesday. We asked whether they do a 'combination of 1st courses' as one of us wanted to sample 2 'primi', and were told 'yes, we can divide the dishes'. We ordered 2 halfs of first courses (two types of pasta), and a second, as well as a dish for a baby (pasta with tomato sauce). All the food was very tasty and the ingredients fresh and good, even the baby pasta.

The orders were taken rather quickly, but it took 40min for the first plates (pastas) to arrive at the table.

When it came to the bill, it turns out that the half-dish option we used inolves paying 80% of the entire dish -- i.e., a markup of more than 50%. i..e, you pay 9+Euro for half a dish when the full costs 11.5. Whether you enjoy paying these sums for 4 Ravioli is an open question.

When we asked about this we were told this is due to the fact that preparing half dishes involves much of the effort of preparing a full dish, and that this was stated in the menu. If it was written, we couldn't find it, and in any case this should have been clarified while ordering.

We probably won't come because of the sour taste this left.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Not the usual lake-front menu at all. The food was great, prioces fair, staff very friendly. Too bad they are at the end of restaurant row & don't get seen as much. this was the best we had in town.

1  Thank Jim C