All reviews infinity pool a la carte restaurant adriatic beach main restaurant sea view main pool swing door the wrong room low key all inclusive package small village superior room lobby bar beautiful country great holiday british guests the entire week
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is the best yet. We've travelled extensively for over 50 years. We've never wrote a review so lengthy but hope you read it all

From the greeting on arrival to departure at 06:00 am we had the best service we've experienced from all the hotel staff.

The efficient, nothing too much trouble Manager to the young lad who every morning set out on the beach lots & lots of sun-loungers and umbrellas he tended all the outside area and plants.

Maria who looked after us on our high floor room greeted us each morning. We get up early but she bet us every single day‼️
Sasha in the restaurant who from day one remembered all our preferences, he was so attentive, friendly and very considerate to me. He was perfection, as a waiter 'excellent' at his craft. Always busy but never too far away, always there with help and always always with a smile.

Ivan the manager of the bars seemed to be everywhere. Early in the morning at the pool bar. Upstairs in the cocktail bar until late. Always working hard, helping me go through all the fruit cocktails ‼️

Last but certainly not least was Nicolina, the star who shone so brightly. She felt like part of our family and made us part of her family.

The hotel is scrupulously clean, tidy with lots of seating areas scattered inside and out. Rooms are spacious, bed linen is changed regularly along with plenty of fluffy towels and face cloths.
In our sea view standard room was TV, telephone.
A kettle with endless coffee, milk, breakfast and other flavours of tea.
The shower was spacious with a hand spray and overhead waterfall. Hairdryer "that worked' with along lead. There was even a UK plug socket, a first for us when travelling abroad,
toiletries were supplied and topped up daily.
ALL These are important when travelling with TUI due to weight restrictions‼️

The quaint village of Ingrain is idilic. We were visiting very early in the season. But some small shops were open. The bars and restaurants on the seafront look very inviting. Plenty of choice but authentic and unspoilt. The residents were all friendly, we admired their gardens with flowers and lots of veg and tomatoes growing in the sunshine.

There are walks through and above the village ~ scenic with glimpses of the sea, wild flowers even vines and figs growing wild. We felt safe and comfortable everywhere we walk however remote.
We certainly at some time intend to visit the hotel and village again to relax and enjoy this gem we found sparkling in Croatia.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank seeksinterlude
KarismaAdriatic... H, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Makarska, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear seeksinterlude,

First I would like to thank you on your recent stay at our Tui Sensimar Makarska and for taking time of your day to rate us on Tripadvisor with the highest rate.

It is great to hear you had a lovely holiday while staying at our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments about facilities and specially the staff as they are committed to exceed our guests’ expectations and this is great motivation to keep offering the best service.

We are looking forward for your next visit.

Ivan Maleš

Reviewed 21 May 2017

We stayed in this hotel after four days in Split and had another four days in this absolutely beautiful hotel. Even this hotel is a TUI hotel, we made a reservation directly from the hotel web site.
We rented a car from Split and drove to Igrane and have to say, that road was totally amazing! Nice small villages and what a view! There is a lot of places to stop and take beautiful pictures from the sea, mountains and villages. In May there wasn't any traffic and it took about two hours with all stops to drive from Split.
But back to this hotel. We had a reservation with a sea view and when we arrived, they gave us the best room in a whole hotel! And that was nice! This main picture was taken from our room and the view to the sea was beautiful! We had all inclusive reservation and first I was a bit suspicious because normally food is always the same but not here! They really put effort to serve so many different kind of food. Once I just went to see what kind of food they had in place and started to chat with chef and he said that they really want to do they best and he said that when they see a smile like I had on my face, they know they've succeeded. And they really did! The hotel itself does not look very different from the outside but the idea has been to build it so it looks like a part of the village but when you step inside, the view is totally different. When you look over the bay to other TUI hotel, it's a white block on the beach but when you look this hotel over the bay, you can't even say that there is a hotel. And personally I really appreciate that kind of building.
Rooms are very beautiful, staff is very friendly and helpful, and they really want to care about you. If you want to workout, there is also a nice gym.
I've traveled in many places and have to say, this was one of the best experiences in my life. In the first day we saw on the bay five dolphins swimming to the West and on the last evening three more! That was the very first time when I even see dolphins in wild.
Thank you very much!

Room Tip: Well, if you are lucky or have money, I recommend to take a room with own pool
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Druidi
KarismaAdriatic... H, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Makarska, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear Druidi,

First I would like to thank you on your recent stay at our Tui Sensimar Makarska hotel, and for taking time of your day to rate us on Tripadvisor with the highest score.

I enjoyed reading your feedback and I'm happy you had a fantastic vacation at the our hotel.

Again thank you for choosing Tui Sensimar Makarska for your vacation, it would be a pleasure to host you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Just returned from this wonderful hotel. First guests to stay this season. After a long coach ride we were greeted with face towels and cold drink. Check in was very smooth. This is the most friendly hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff were very polite at all times. The food wasn't without issues, and I did point out to them that the food was cold. This was soon sorted. Matt the entertainment team only 19 but what a lovely young man and did his job brilliantly. We found the views and the resort just wonderful quite you could only hear birdsong. The weather was really very good for early season. The best thing was adults only it was just fab. I would highly recommend this hotel and resort cant wait to go again. Its a special place.

Room Tip: We had Junior Suite very quite room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ddellar59
KarismaAdriatic... H, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Makarska, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear guest,

First I would like to thank you on your recent stay at our Tui Sensimar Makarska and for taking time of your day to rate us with the highest score.

Your comments are great motivation for us to keep working to achieve our guests’ full satisfaction.

It would be a pleasure to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

All started with a fatigue... 2 hours from Split by buss. So the worn out turist was nearly hand escorted to the well prepared check in :) Hand over a paper and you just go to dinner (if you have all inclusive).

I really have no words. I was travelling with a friend and what did we had? A staff that did everything for us and an environment that is breath taking.

No really! I had no idea where I was going but I didn't expect that the tap water is good (we have excellent tap water in Finland. Was really good so please don't buy water, fill up a bottle), the people are friendly and everything is clean. Even I walked with my cigarette stubs to the next trash can?!?! :D

Not a big hotel. If you look for much entertainment, go to the Adriatic Beach hotel. If you look for a great getaway for 2, go to Sensimar Makarska. You will not be disappointed.

I want to say thank you to Ruben, Jelena, Ivan, Anna and Ivan! You made our holiday! and I'm serious :) I really want to come back with my parents :) See you soon hopefully :)

btw: best wifi in a hotel I've ever seen :) regards: nerd :D

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
7  Thank Alana76
KarismaAdriatic... H, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Makarska, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Alana76,

First I would like to thank you on your recent stay at our Tui Sensimar Makarska hotel, and for taking the time of your day to rate us on Tripadvisor with the highest score.

I will ensure my staff gets the recognition they deserve for providing such an outstanding service during your stay at this beautiful hotel. Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible.

It would be an honour to host you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

We went a couple of days after the hotel opened for the season and from the minute we walked through the door to the moment we left, the service, facilities and hospitality was fantastic.

The restaurant staff were charming and helpful, getting drinks within minutes of arrival, the grill staff were excellent cooking fresh fish meat and vegetables to order. Always with a smile and a chat to make sure you had everything you needed. The restaurant manager was a standout as she was meticulous in her standards and always putting the customer first while coaching the younger front of house waiters and waitresses.

The bar staff both in the main pool area and the Martini bar were fantastic, often providing waiter service which is virtually unheard in all inclusive holidays. Nothing was too much trouble.

Reuben and the entertainments girls were an absolute delight, again nothing was too much trouble, often staying late to keep us entertained.

Finally the quality of the food was fantastic, a huge selection of fresh food local dishes for each course. Too many to mention, well thought out not the usual chips with each course. The Gala night was outstanding with scallops and fresh prawns, other standout dishes were whole roast duck, suckling pig, and many varied pasta and gnocchi dishes.

Thank you for such a memorable holiday we will most definitely return!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank barkers2017
KarismaAdriatic... H, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Makarska, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear guest,

First I would like to thank you on your recent stay at our Tui Sensimar Makarska hotel and for taking time of your day to rate us on Tripadvisor with the highest score.

Thank you for all of your positive comments regarding hotel facilities and food, and especially hotel staff be sure that the mentioned ones will be informed and this will be a great motivation for them to keep offering the best service possible.

It would be an honour to host you again in the near future.