Gargee Gautam Vihar Resort
Rajgir Guest House(Rajgir)(Great Value!)
USD 14
Happy Palace(Gaya)(Great Value!)
USD 15
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolgame zoneearly morningget togetherin decembermarriage partygymamenitiesclassrelaxationspeedlawnspremisesarrangementshospitalitytariffwifi
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I could not find accommodation at Rajgir as I did not have any advance reservation. I stumbled on to this Hotel / Resort and made an inquiry - I needed to stay for two nights. When I suggested that the tariff was a bit beyond my budget, the receptionist suggested a single room - a bit smaller, if it is agreeable. I agreed and checked in. They also offered facilities for my driver and parking facility.
The room though a bit small, was clean and quite comfortable. The bed and linen were spotless and the a/c was quite effective. The bathroom was nice and towels were, again, absolutely clean and good. The shower was not all that good but hot. Hot water kettle coffee / tea sachets were provided and I liked them and used it while reading at night and in the early morning as well.
The break-fast was simple, good and tasty - not an elaborate affair but I did like it.
All staff were polite and helpful.
I really enjoyed my stay and would like to visit again in December.
Incidentally, the wifi was quite good and I made a lot of use of it.
The premise had a well appointed gym.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2017

we had been to rajgir on pilgrim tour.we had ordered dinner at 830 pm.
dinner served at 1030 and all dishes different than what we ordered.food is pathetic and staff totally unapologetic.entire food wasted and it is expensive food and wasting so much money was painful..

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2017

This hotel, set in attractive and large grounds, has a good range of services and facilities.

I stayed here for several nights whilst attending a conference. My room was large and well-appointed. Some minor issues: when the shampoo ran out, it was not replaced; the television does not appear to access major news channels, such as BBC or CNN; WiFi was relatively strong and password-protected but regular sign-in was required.

I had dinner in the restaurant on three evenings and ordered from the menu. The standard of food was really good and the young man who seemed to be the head waiter/manager was extremely pleasant and chatty. Remember that alcohol is banned in the State of Bihar, so do not expect any to be served on these premises.

The staff manning reception were very friendly, welcoming and helpful.

The hotel offers a highly efficient laundry service.

This would appear to be one of the best hotels in the locality and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I have visited Rajgir in October 2016 with Family.We checked other places also to stay, but we could not find any other better places to stay. Finally we booked it.This property is very much spacious. The front desk executives are well behaved and well mannered. They have provided a room for the extra time, as we have reached there before check in time .Even they have not created any fuss as we had to cancel a room ,because 2 of our members could not join the trip. It has playground for kids, lawn , outdoor sitting arrangements, lawn dinning, swimming pool (well maintained). They serve good food. But I find the breakfast is repeating even on 2nd day. But the taste of the food is good. They have room service, for that you have to place the order 1 hour before, as they have less staff to maintain a big crowd (may be it was temporary).Overall, we enjoyed the food, stay and the swimming pool.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I visited here to attend a marriage party near rajgir and very glad to got a room in the resort by travel agents . This is the well decorated and ultimate resort near the historical place . The food and the atmosphere here is very good for family and mental relaxation.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends