All reviews room service restaurant staff shopping mall design plaza uber taxis
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I guess I can see the attraction of the retro modern design for some people. But... Whether is a knob you have to turn that is hidden somewhere to turn on the lights, or a handle somewhere beneath the sink to make the water run.... It's just not practical

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I regret that the hotel's design was not fit for you. Now that you know all the perks, we hope you can visit us again so that we can attend to all your needs and make those design differences not an issue.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

We stayed here during my first trip to Monterrey. The hotel was recommended to me by friends who live in MTY. I found the Habita to be very cosmopolitan (I am from NYC) without lacking any boutique feel. Customer service/hospitality ranked very high. We truly enjoyed the dining and shopping options within the complex itself. The diversity of food and entertainment appealed to just about any mood and, the boutique shopping was unique with high standards. The rooftop is very special and certainly captures the essence of the City. Minor comments would be - the room lighting is inconvenient, the need to use a key to access lighting was bothersome but not horrible. A couple VERY important suggestions: A) Please re-think your coffee selection - something more robust and higher quality is essential in the morning. B) The T.V./Cable options were extremely limited to local, mainly speaking channels - enhanced viewing HD/movie options should seriously be considered. I look forward to my next stay at the Habita MTY - which should be soon.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Habita MTY. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We love that you had a great stay, loved the hotel and what we have to offer. I would recommend you have a massage at Thann Sanctuary, definitely on of the best in the world.

Regarding your suggestions. We are changing our coffee before the end of the month. We will look into the option of removing the light switch key and we will certainly look at other options for our TV / Cable.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

We choose to stay here bc it is the only nice pet friendly hotel, Yet the hotel has NO pet amenities. example; there is no area to take your dog to pee outside, not even a little patch of grass, or even a trash can to throw baggies away, which would be fine. upon checkout I was charged a pet fee for two night, when I asked what it was for, she said it was for cleaning (my dog uses pee pads btw and makes zero mess) and bc they provide dog bowls and a dog bed (which no one gave me or even mentioned it) I feel the charges are not justified but I still Paid.

Arrival; there is no clear sign where the front desk or hotel is. we got our bags out of the car as the receptionist just watched as we struggled to get them up the stairs, she made zero effort to come help. few minutes later the gentlemen came to help with the bags and take them up to the room. he was really nice and attentive.

Room service.
My husband was hungry one night and wanted to order some room service. he asked for a club sandwich, a sprite and a lemon pie. The lady who helped us called back to tell us that there was only chocolate pie... ok no problem there. then 5 min later called to say there was no sprite... ok what do you have? she mentioned a few options... my husband choose. then she called back AGAIN to say never mind we don't have that either. what???? by then my husband got upset and canceled the order. I opened the mini bar and saw there was a sprite in there and opened it, which was flat. at check out I let the ladies know about the whole situation the night before and they still charged me for the flat sprite. oh well I just paid for it. Definitely needs improvement.

Internet signal
Needs more strength, hard to use for work ... not having a code makes signal weak since anyone can pickup the signal. phone reception is really bad in the rooms.

Front Desk
The receptionist need a lot more training in hospitality. they are very cold and not friendly. seem to not care about the guest. Really young and unexperienced in the hotel service.

Overall not a horrible hotel. but need a boost in Hospitality. views are great and the little plaza downstairs is nice.

We would like to stay again since we travel with out dog when we can and this is the only hotel that allows dogs.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review. We are taking into consideration all of the issues you mention. We are committed in improving on a daily basis. You can be sure that things will be different on your next visit. Do let us know if you need anything.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a boutique

Major attributes are cleanness, quite, personal care, fast check-in / out.

Location is important 30 min to downtown, 15 min to major monterrey corporations, access to best shopping malls and restaurants.

Jogging paths no farther than 5 blocks

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hope to have you back soon. Let us know when you plan your next visit. It would be a pleasure to greet you upon your arrival.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

This hotel is hands down the best hotel in Monterrey NL. Located in San Pedro La Habita is a gem of a hotel who has better service that many of the top hotels i have stayed in, including: The W Dallas, LA, SF, The stoneleigh, The Omni and the Warwick. The modern rooms are great, but they should consider putting in a non slip mat in their bathrooms for when one is stepping out of the shower with wet feet. The hotel is in a great location a short uber ride to many small shopping centers and 2 malls (paseo san pedro & plaza fiesta san agustin). The pool has an amazing view of the mountains, and the pool is way better and cleaner than many hotels in the US. The personal service one gets from the staff is top notch but the stand out staff member was def Rodolfo, he was always eager to help me find a good place to eat or go have drinks Rodolfo you the real MVP. i can say i will be a customer for life.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a JR suite is def worth the $$$
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Habita MTY and for taking the time in writing this review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. It is very satisfying for us to read these type of reviews since we strive to offer the best service possible.

Thank you for mentioning Rodolfo, we will gladly make him aware of this great review.