All reviews room service restaurant staff shopping mall design plaza uber taxis
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Great boutique hotel- very good service by the front desk as well as the staff at the roof top bar-and in the restaurant (which is a great place to end your day with fantastic views)
Only negative would be noise- seems to be a nightclub opening in the mall attached- due to the shape of the building and if you are facing the inside - it will be thump thump all night long- not sure how they can resolve this, other than earplugs

Stayed: December 2015
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Habita MTY and for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hope to see you soon. Regarding the night club we are looking into this to find the best solution.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

I love this hotel. I stay here monthly for business. The rooms are great, comfortable and very trendy. The rooftop is beautiful. The only downsides in my opinion, you cannot shave in the bathroom because the lighting is too dim, getting in the shower is difficult because it is a large soaking tub, and the rooms are slightly showing signs of age, wiring especially the sound system need some maintenance. In my opinion these are minor issues since it is nothing like staying in a typical cookie cutter hotel. The restaurant is great, although I heard that the chef is leaving soon. I prefer the alcove rooms on the street side (west), but they are all nice and the view is great from anywhere, even the courtyard. I recommend getting up before sunrise and watching from the rooftop bar.

Room Tip: I would avoid level 2 on the courtyard side because the restaurant music can be a bit loud.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon R
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Habita MTY. It was a pleasure tu have you stay with us. We would love to see you soon. Regarding the lighting in the bathroom all our lights are dimmable so that you can choose the level you need. Regardless of that we are looking into making a slight change so that the light in our bathrooms can reach higher luminosity.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Design with being as trendy as possible, the Habita is a treat for people with modern tastes. Stark, minimalist with dark hallways and stairways - the place is a template for modern hotel design.

Then it piles on the cool with a pretty cool rooftop bar. The bar is in the center flanked by 2 pools that overlook the city.

The wifi works well and the restaurant has a pretty creative menu.

Just like all modern hotels though it does have some quirks that seems cool for cool sake. The key is clunky to carry around, the check in lobby is a bit small and the staff struggles to handle major traffic.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank TheGandiman
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay at Habita MTY. We appreciate your kind review and hope to see you back soon. We are at your service for anything you might need.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Frankly speaking I appreciate not staying at a big chain hotels where everything feels so corporate. Even that my trip is for business, I prefer a different touch. This place achieves that.

There are many things which i appreciated from my stay and from the room such as:
- free upgrade.
- free breakfast, even that is basic, it's quite good (specifically the pan dulce).
- AUX wire to connect your phone to the sound system that can be heard in all the areas of the room.
- nice bath amenities.
- overall all the design of the room and hotel.

BUT there are few things that can't make this place to be in the next level, for that reason my rating wasn't better:
- some parts of the room begin to show the age.
- the tub design is difficult, even dangerous.
- in the corner rooms is not easy to get pure darkness, the outside light with sneak early morning.
- I didn't felt the "luxury" element. Yes, there is design and its very different to many hotels, but something is really missing.
- even that service is acceptable, there is no extra and that it's important on small boutique hotels.
- is quite uncomfortable the third party gym. Nowadays the gym should be an amenity open 24 hrs at most decent hotels.

Most probably I will stay again but the main drawback of that are the rates, there is no doubt that the hotel is quite overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. For us at Habita MTY all reviews are important and taken into consideration as we strive to achieve excellence on a daily basis. We will look into the details that are in our hands to improve.
On the other hand if you are traveling continously we could offer you a corporate rate we would only need your information so that we can send you the agreement.

Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

Feels like a chamber in a ship on a Star Wars movie with the black and white theme. Love the pool area on top. Awesome cheff Marc always delivers nice meals. The restaurant area is nice for hanging out in the afternoons and the pool area has great parties! Make sure to book a massage a the Thann Harn Spa situated in the same plaza as the hotel, as is the restaurant Amalia and the Eliza Cantu salon.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have you stay at Habita MTY. Hope to see you soon on your next trip.