Priceline
Louis B
Adelaide, Australia
Great times
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Dec 2022via mobile
Absolutely great stay at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort. Reception well looked after with Megan and Laine. Breakfast well looked after by Belinda. And Raj the restaurant manager great job. Also the kitchen is amazing Derek Salmon has one of the best kitchens in South Australia. Absolutely recommend this Hotel.
Date of stay: December 2022
Room Tip: Plenty of parking. Lots of seats at restaurant. Overall will not go wrong booking this great...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.6 km from Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
  • Expedia.com
5.8 km from Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
7.2 km from Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
5.0 km from Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
View more hotels in Rowland Flat
2,735 results
All reviews golf course novotel barossa barossa valley room service wine tasting buffet breakfast jacobs creek pillow menu endota spa lovely location long weekend balcony wineries conference tanunda adelaide kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2022

This is a great hotel for all needs and occasions, I was there for a conference and the accommodation was well facilitated, excellent housekeeping and friendly staff throughout the hotel. The food was first class and would rival most top restaurants in quality and quantity. The location is right in the heart of the Barossa Valley and there is plenty to do, see and experience, in addition a huge wellness centre and spa attached to the complex.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2022

Was quoted both online and over the phone a different price to what I was charged on departure. Due to a concert playing in the Borossa on the Saturday evening they took the opportunity to double the price to $616/night. apparently confirmed this change by email which I never checked. Never again. Incredible.

Date of stay: December 2022
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Christy Nordin, Sales at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2022

Dear Paul, I am very sorry for the confusion in pricing. Please reach out to me directly should you wish to discuss in more detail.

Reviewed 7 November 2022

This is a very comfortable hotel for a short or medium term stay. We booked an apartment for the extra space and kitchen, the additional expense definitely worth it.
Built into the side of a hill, the resort layout ensures each room has a view and balcony overlooking Jacob's Creek vineyard. Every room opens to the outdoors - ask for a ground floor room if your legs aren't up to climbing a short flight of stairs to the upper floor rooms. Loads of car parking outside your door - spaces aren't reserved, so it's first come, first served.
At time of visit, the Cellar Door Restaurant was hugely popular so bookings for breakfast and dinner a must. The resort takes coach loads of tourists, meaning you really need to book dinner or breakfast.
We self catered our breakfast and dinner each day by purchasing groceries from the supermarkets in the nearby townships - self catering after a long day wine tasting was just the ticket!
Housekeeping serviced daily for which we were pleased as they ensured the kitchen bin was emptied, tea/coffee and bathroom supplies maintained and beds made.
At time of visit, the weather was inclement - really breezy, some heavy rain, some showers. The room's heater/aircon worked efficiently and made the place very cosy at night.
This is a large resort but due to its spread out layout, noise from adjoining rooms was non-existent, including from the Restaurant.

Room tip: Ask for a ground floor room or apartment if you don't like stairs. Stairs only, not lifts, access the first floor accommodation.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christy Nordin, Sales at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2022

I am so pleased you could enjoy the best of Barossa - except the weather!

Reviewed 28 October 2022 via mobile

It’s at an isolated location - there is nothing within walking distance so you are a bit of a captive audience unless you want to drive to breakfast.

The room was very good, spacious, modern and clean. Wifi and air con worked well. We had great views down to the Para River and one night we saw a few kangaroos around sunset. It’s a beautiful outlook. And so it should be for the price we paid.

Our room had no toilet brush (yuk).

Our biggest complaint is with the breakfast / restaurant area. Hard surfaces makes for a very noisy space. We checked in for breakfast (which is done by name not room number just to make things more difficult) and it was very difficult to make each other heard. There was a conference so the area was full of people standing, blocking passage ways and talking loudly to make themselves heard. The next morning wasn’t any better. Forget any chance of a pleasant relaxed and civilised breakfast. (Or ask if there will be a conference on site for when you want to book.)

And because you are a captive audience the restaurant for dinner was only ok especially considering the price.

Room tip: Avoid if there is a conference scheduled for your dates.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christy Nordin, Sales at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2022

Thank you for your constructive feedback Peter, I am so sorry the conference detracted from your dining experience.

Reviewed 8 October 2022

Checking in was easy but the Receptionist was oh so loud when speaking to me. I did make comment “I might be old but I am not deaf” and having hospitality experience myself at The Windsor Hotel Melbourne one does not scream out at a high pitched voice to the guest on checkin but she was good at her job otherwise and quite pleasant. Maybe it is the acoustics in the lobby area. Our room was downstairs and quite a distance to the main area eg dining etc and we had to use our car to drive up to the front door. We had ‘thumpers’ up above us and had to phone Reception about that as often people are very noisy but unaware of those that surround them. The dining room was pleasant and our Attendant for our meal was absolutely spot on. Been working at this establishment for over 10 years. Great personality and an amazing lass and very quick. When I am giving comment, I am very fair and honest about what is about me as in hospitality we call it FRIENDLY FEEDBACK and most important to the company involved (whether they take it on board or not is up to them) but unfortunately a lot of guests don’t take the time to comment. Our aircon was in need of attention. The bed fabulous and I believe it was a latex which stops the bouncy bit in most Hotel beds when they become tired and need to be tossed but this bed was the best I believe I have used in a long while. Fortunately I have latex bed at home so I do know what I am talking about. Overall yes after my 3rd visit I would certainly drop in again and enjoy the hospitality and the magnificent valley views across the undulating hills that are open to you from your room balcony and dining room.

Room tip: Grd floor for seniors like us
Date of stay: October 2022
Christy Nordin, Sales at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2022

Thanks for the great feedback Helen! I will look into the detail to rectify issues raised. See you again soon!