Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Peter G
Sydney, Australia

Pretty good

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Oct 2022via mobile
It’s at an isolated location - there is nothing within walking distance so you are a bit of a captive audience unless you want to drive to breakfast.

The room was very good, spacious, modern and clean. Wifi and air con worked well. We had great views down to the Para River and one night we saw a few kangaroos around sunset. It’s a beautiful outlook. And so it should be for the price we paid.

Our room had no toilet brush (yuk).

Our biggest complaint is with the breakfast / restaurant area. Hard surfaces makes for a very noisy space. We checked in for breakfast (which is done by name not room number just to make things more difficult) and it was very difficult to make each other heard. There was a conference so the area was full of people standing, blocking passage ways and talking loudly to make themselves heard. The next morning wasn’t any better. Forget any chance of a pleasant relaxed and civilised breakfast. (Or ask if there will be a conference on site for when you want to book.)

And because you are a captive audience the restaurant for dinner was only ok especially considering the price.
Date of stay: October 2022
Room Tip: Avoid if there is a conference scheduled for your dates.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 30 Oct 2022
Thank you for your constructive feedback Peter, I am so sorry the conference detracted from your dining experience.
Go to your Happy Price
    AU$120
5.6 km from Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
View more hotels in Rowland Flat
2,737 results
All reviews golf course novotel barossa barossa valley room service wine tasting buffet breakfast jacobs creek pillow menu endota spa lovely location long weekend balcony wineries conference tanunda adelaide kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2022

Checking in was easy but the Receptionist was oh so loud when speaking to me. I did make comment “I might be old but I am not deaf” and having hospitality experience myself at The Windsor Hotel Melbourne one does not scream out at a high pitched voice to the guest on checkin but she was good at her job otherwise and quite pleasant. Maybe it is the acoustics in the lobby area. Our room was downstairs and quite a distance to the main area eg dining etc and we had to use our car to drive up to the front door. We had ‘thumpers’ up above us and had to phone Reception about that as often people are very noisy but unaware of those that surround them. The dining room was pleasant and our Attendant for our meal was absolutely spot on. Been working at this establishment for over 10 years. Great personality and an amazing lass and very quick. When I am giving comment, I am very fair and honest about what is about me as in hospitality we call it FRIENDLY FEEDBACK and most important to the company involved (whether they take it on board or not is up to them) but unfortunately a lot of guests don’t take the time to comment. Our aircon was in need of attention. The bed fabulous and I believe it was a latex which stops the bouncy bit in most Hotel beds when they become tired and need to be tossed but this bed was the best I believe I have used in a long while. Fortunately I have latex bed at home so I do know what I am talking about. Overall yes after my 3rd visit I would certainly drop in again and enjoy the hospitality and the magnificent valley views across the undulating hills that are open to you from your room balcony and dining room.

Room tip: Grd floor for seniors like us
Date of stay: October 2022
Christy Nordin, Sales at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2022

Thanks for the great feedback Helen! I will look into the detail to rectify issues raised. See you again soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2022 via mobile

We had the most lovely stay in the Barossa thanks to the Novotel. The service was professional and always with a smile and the room had that amazing view out over the vineyards. We also enjoyed a delicious buffet breakfast every morning (a big shout out to Dianne who was there every morning with a friendly smile), and the restaurant for dinner served up a few very memorable dishes (the trout was a standout!). We absolutely loved our stay and would highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2022 via mobile

After our last visit we said we’d never go back, because it was so run down. But then we saw it has been renovated and so we thought we’d give it another try. It was my wife’s birthday and we booked one night in a 2 bedroom for $620.

We checked in and I immediately remembered what we didn’t like about it - the room is a tiny box with all the warmth of a prison cell. The superficial makeover couldn’t fix that. But oh boy, there is so much more that’s wrong with this place, for example:
- carpet has no underlay so it’s like walking on concrete
- no bedside plug for phone charger; it’s hidden behind the bed so you can’t reach it
- no “smart” TV with Netflix, etc - instead they want you to pay $35 to access “unlimited movies” !! WTF
- you can’t screen mirror an Apple device to the TV
- and so you’re stuck with a few crappy TV channels, or watching your apps on your phone/iPad - a total joke in 2022 👎🏼
- awful selection of room service options… not a single pasta or pizza with meat on it (the best they could offer was “shaved tofu” wtf)
- the inverter heater made a constant loud buzzing noise in our room

$620? Are you kidding?! I will never stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2022

We have continued to stay at the Novotel at the Barossa over and over again for the past 20yrs.
To me that says a lot. The staff are very warm and welcoming. It is situated in the heart of the Barossa
Beautiful view from your room and the main dining room.

Date of stay: September 2022
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Christy Nordin, Sales at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2022

I am so pleased we continue to meet your expectations! We are very lucky yo have such a beautiful location and view.

Reviewed 21 August 2022 via mobile

I have traveled 4,000km throughout the outback from Adelaide to Dubbo to Cobar, White Cliffs to Cameron’s Corner, Arkaroola to Wilpena pound.
Now I’m at the Novatell in the Barossa Valley.
Every stop catered for non drinkers the only thing this place can offer is a Coke!
All I wanted was a non-alcoholic beer. Not one brand on site they can offer!
Ridiculous!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Christy Nordin, Sales at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2022

@Kymbo2014 thank you for sharing this feedback. We absolutely should have had a non alcoholic beer available and I am so sorry it was not the case. I will follow up to ensure we are properly stocked and have a beverage offering for everyone.