See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2014

Never...! Never...! Stay in this hotel.......... I booked 3 rooms for a company business trip in Jiao Zhou. It looks ok from the website, but this hotel is very dirty. All of our 3 rooms were the same old & very dark. Carpet had lots of smelly dirty stain on it; looks like some one had die on it and they could not bother to clean it up. The bathroom is just as dirty, the tub is sticky and the bathroom door is old & moldy. But worst is the Front desk and the Manager had terrible services they could understand our complaint and they do not speak English. I have to say it was not expensive for RMB 348 per room per night, but claiming the hotel was 4 stars is a joke. This hotel shuts off their main power a few time in the middle of the night to save power from 11pm to 5.00 am. Also air conditioning in this hotel is not full A/C, it was just fan blowing out of the vent. This hotel turn off most of their corridor and lobby lights, so it is very dark and spooky.
Over all it was a nightmare staying here. This is why I have to say this is the worst hotel I had stayed at in China.

Room tip: Do not stay in any of the room. Room 908 had Fitness gym equipment in the room, very strange.
Date of stay: October 2014
2  Thank Hardy-Hotels
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Entrance- attractive
Lobby- carpeted and soft, But look old
Room- Little Old fashioned with small bathtub, but comfortable
Food- Not suiting to non Chinese people, they have very little items other than chinese, wherein in other 3 star hotel provide more cuisine. Even Lunch and dinner have similar arrangement. But by crowd it looks like it is very popular among Chinese.
Overall- They have all facility like Spa, KTV , Mahajong etc. evening can be enjoyed beautifully. No disturbance from any outsider. looks very private.
Language- You have to fight to make people understand English.

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last 6 months but will not return. This hotel was once the pride of Jiaozhou, now the only solution will be to tear it down. The rooms needed updating 10 years ago, the place is just over-used. Spend the extra $25 and book a room at the new Sheraton.

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank lostin_nanjing
Reviewed 24 November 2011

The reason is that the place looks like it's 100 years old. Reminded me of the hotel on the movie The Shining with mold.
Maybe the price is good but I wore the slippers in the shower because I didn't want my feet to touch the tub.
Depends on your expectations. If you are paying out of your pocket, go for it. If the company pays and you can handle the travel, the Holiday Inn in Qingdao is much better. The vibrating comdoms for sale in the bathroom is a dead give away. If you're a Westerner, hookers will call your room to set up a trick. Talk about room service!
I'm going to give the Sunshine Hotel a try. We went there for lunch today. Review to follow.
Palmetto Stater

Room tip: No smoking means there are not ashtrays and matches all over the room?
Date of stay: November 2011
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I had been to Qingdao during the first week of November. Century Hotel was suggested by a business friend, whom I had gone to visit to.

The reception is huge and nice. The rates per night were around 50 USD, being off season and all. Most of the staff members dint understand English, but they had a couple of English speaking attendants, who would assist me for any query. Overall nice and quick service.

I stayed in a standard room. It was extremely spacious, with two separate beds, a heater (temperatures being around 4-8 degrees during the night), TV, Refrigerator, and a LAN Cable for Internet. The ambiance was brilliant. In the night, we spent time playing Pool and Bowling. For the restaurant, I could only eat fruits, being a pure vegetarian Hindu from India. I had already carried food along from India.

I visited several companies in the cities of Qingdao, Jiazhou and WeiFang. I would only tell them the hotel's name and they would drop me to the right place. Century hotel definitely is one of the most famous hotels near Qingdao and also recommended by the local companies.

Overall a very good hotel and probably the best if you are on a business trip.

Date of stay: November 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)