The good: (1) wonderful kids club with superb, kind, friendly, patient staff - the reason we chose this resort and it met all expectations, (2) fantastic accommodation - very spacious and in great condition, (3) mostly very friendly staff - especially Stefano at the restaurant, (4) nice breakfast and good food.
The not-so-good: (1) it was not not possible to swim in the sea from the resort - the beach is artificial and the sea is a lagoon and has greenish-brown foam and sludge and detritus all along the water's edge due to the way the water gathers and the outlet of fresh water from the mountains nearby. You can take an hourly shuttle to a public island only 10 minutes away, but the lack of a nice beach at the resort is noticeable. (2) the pool, although sleek and stylish, is not very child-friendly as the sides are very rough, as is the bottom - after one hour on the first day, our children's toes and wrists were actually scraped enough to be bleeding. That said, most children seemed to be managing - perhaps ours just have particularly delicate skin (3) Although many members of staff were very kind - especially the manager Ivan who put great effort into trying to resolve the various problems that cropped up - service was spotty - e.g. one day it took 3 phone calls and nearly 3 hours to sort out a leaking dishwasher.
One tip - the kitchens in the unit are great and you can order groceries before you arrive, but ask them to send you the grocery list they have pre-printed in advance. Otherwise you will end up with a 2 kilo packet of cheese and industrial sized jars of mayo, vinegar, etc. Also, the little shops on site are very small with very small offering, so you do need to bring most of what you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stretching out majestically over 213 hectares of tropical gardens, Anahita Golf & Spa Resort is located on one of the most beautiful natural sites on the East coast of Mauritius. With the Indian Ocean's crystalline waters of the lagoon at its feet, the Resort combines luxury, peace and enchantment. Experience the authentic Mauritian charm with its unique accommodation (lavishly furnished Suites & Villas), refined cuisine and dedicated service in a breathtaking natural environment. At Anahita Golf & Spa Resort, enjoy a vast range of the most sought-after activities: two exceptional 18-hole championship golf courses designed by Ernie Els and Bernhard Langer, exclusive beach experience on its two beaches, boutiques, Personal fitness centre, Wellbeing centre, tennis courts, Kid's club, water sports centre, golf clubhouse... Experience supreme and simply unparalled luxury: that of having the ultimate freedom of choice. Anahita Golf & Spa Resort, A New lifestyle Resort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anahita Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anahita The Hotel Beau Champ
- Anahita Hotel Beau Champ
- Anahita Resort Beau Champ
- Anahita Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Beau Champ