“Its a beautiful Apartment NOT a hotel”
other travellers have booked this property
Lagrasse and its 12th century hump-back bridge.
The main double bedroom with mezanine and bathroom. The entrance.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lagrasse and its 12th century hump-back bridge.
The main double bedroom with mezanine and bathroom.
The entrance.
Relaxing on the top terrace.
Dining through to living.
Our deliciously cool cobbled internal courtyard.
Detail in one of the 3 Bedrooms
Through to the 'French' bedroom. Either an enormous double or 2 singles
One of the en suite bathrooms
The Moroccan styled mezanine can be made into an extra bed.
View from the bridge.
The mediaeval market square. Delicious organic produce available on Saturdays
Volta and Flint will give you a hearty welcome!
Big double Bed option or two singles
Stone sink on Top Terrace
Top Terrace
The 'Beach' By the river's edge at the back of the house
Another shot of the 'Beach
Another angle on the terrace
The view of the hill opposite the top terrace.
One of the many nearby vineyards in full Autumn colour.
Swimming in the river.
As the sun sets over the village........
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6
Lagrasse, Aude, Occitanie

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 58 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Norwegian first
Any
Michael S
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Its a beautiful Apartment NOT a hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The Large Terrace apartment is stunningly lovely.
Probably the cleanest we have ever stayed in. No crumbs in this cutlery drawer thank goodness.
We could not fault anything. Much thought had been given to the interior. It was superb. The bedding, linen, furnishings, view, comfort and location were all 5 star ⭐️
its location in the centre of the village is perfect.
Plenty of restaurant to choose from. Parking was very easy and safe.
A perfect holiday.
Merci

Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Couples
12 Aug 2017
Dear Michael S
Thank you so very much for your words which are much appreciated. I'm also very glad that you clarify for me the fact that it is not a hotel but an apartment. It's something I have been trying to sort out with TripAdvisor for a while now....

Might you return one day - I hope so.
Best to you both,
AndyCandl...
“So good we decided to return.”
Reviewed 20 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Last year we stayed in Nicole's one bedroom apartment and I gave a rave review, I even said we would return. Well, we did and this time we took our daughter and boyfriend and stayed in the Large Terrace Apartment. What can I say, this is the first time we have ever returned to the same location. Lagrasse is a fantastic place to unwind, the roof terrace with this particular apartment is an excellent place to enjoy outdoor dining and we spent most evenings sat out enjoying our holiday. As always Nicole provides a quality experience and her design touches in both apartments are superb. Our interest in all things Cathar meant that Lagrasse was the perfect location to day trip to some of the many castles in relatively close proximity. We do intend to return, although we may risk trying a different part of the world before we do.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
20 Jul 2017
Really........? Another part of the world, are you sure?
;-)
Well okay then, as long as you do come back!

Seriously though, it's a treat for me to read your review and I'm genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay this second time round. I'm also thoroughly totally delighted at your appreciation of the apartments.
Thank you so much and see you again soon.
BWELancas...
Lancaster, PA
“the most delightful of houses and villages”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We loved our stay at your house. Your house has given me major bonus points among my friends! Sorry that we didn't get to meet you, but you were always easy to correspond with.

You must be accustomed to this by now, but your house is the loveliest house (among many lovely houses!) that we've ever stayed in. I cannot let you know adequately how much I appreciated your thoughtful design. Every detail was superb. I want to reproduce the concrete (?) flooring throughout the space. The unanimous favorite space for the entire group, though, was the rooftop terrace. I could easily spend a return week never leaving Lagrasse or your house. In fact, I could spend much longer in Lagrasse.

A note to future travelers: early May is a delightful time to visit. This May was a bit cooler than normal, but it was still quite pleasant. All night long one sleeps with the frogs croaking along the river. It was heavenly.

Another unexpected surprise was how beautiful the view is from the house and terrace: a rocky slope with native vegetation that was very calming.

Rooms Cleanliness
Travelling group: Friends
29 Sep 2017
Dear BWE
Oh my ….. thank you so very much for this delightful review, not just for me to read, but also it's helpful for future guests. I have to say that you too were always easy to correspond with, I’m just disappointed that things turned out for me that I wasn’t able to be in Lagrasse at the time of your stay. With a bit of luck though you’ll come back and we’ll have that opportunity. I’ll have to find a way to get you further bonus points with your friends. Many thanks again, Nicole
631diego
Barcelona, Spain
“Beautiful apartment in Lagrasse.”
Reviewed 5 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We enjoyed very much the house and its location.
We were 5 and stayed at the bigger apartment, with 3 rooms, all with independent bathrooms. We all agreed that "en suite facilities" was an important feature for our choice.
The apartment is charming, perfectly decorated.
The two bigger rooms (double beds) are elegant and spacious, with windows facing the beautiful riverside. The upper room (with two single beds) is smaller, with smaller window facing the courtyard, comfortable anyway. It has an efficient floor heating.

The fact that there is a central heating has created some minor difficulties, because for every change you must call a person in charge. The ambient temperature can variate (day by day, day and night..) and asking for every modification can be impractical and less effective. In this respect , our friend staying in the upper room (which is smaller than the others) experienced more thermal difficulties.

This said, Nicole and Louise have always been very friendly and helpful, attentive to every problem.
We had a great time in Lagrasse, so
we highly recommend House La France.

Thank you Nicole.

Value Location
Travelling group: Friends
6 Jan 2017
Dear 631diego
Thank you so much for taking time to write your review for your stay at House La France, Terrace Apartment.
I'm really glad that you had a good time and enjoyed your stay and hope that you will consider a return visit to experience Lagrasse and the apartment at a different time of the year, perhaps when the terrace can be fully enjoyed.
Your comments regarding the heating are very helpful to me and as a result I will be looking into having a thermostat fitted to the radiator in the top bedroom.
The apartment has underfloor heating as you know (apart from the top bedroom) which does require a little more management to get the temperature just right, especially as everyone has different requirements and it cannot be an instant fix. I know though that it provides a lovely underfoot warmth that in the end heats the space with it's very high ceilings rather comfortably. Hopefully you agree.
I look forward to meeting you next time :-)
With many thanks,
DLWG
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Great apartment in a lovely village”
Reviewed 22 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

The terrace apartment is in a house in the centre of Lagrasse which is a lovely medieval village with plenty of amenities. We were one of three couples staying there. We found it stylish, comfortable and with plenty of room for us all. The house has been beautifully restored by someone with an eye for design.
The terrace itself is a great space, wonderful views and more than enough room for dining and relaxing.
We are looking forward to going there again.

Travelling group: Couples
23 Sep 2016
Dear DLWG
Thank YOU. I really am glad that you enjoyed your stay here and more than delighted that you'll be back in May next year. That was in fact part of the original concept......people who want to be here because they feel comfortable and relaxed.
It's truly a compliment.
Best wishes,
HouseLaFrance
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing