Lagrasse is a pretty village situated conveniently between Carcassonne and the coast. If you have ever wondered what it would be like to live in such a village, then a stay at House la France is the perfect place. A comfortable apartment with some lovely decorative touches. The doors to the bedroom are fantastic. Whatever you want from a holiday this region has it. We visited in June a fantastic time of year to see the wildflowers, which are everywhere, even wild orchids. Around Lagrasse there are some lovely walks. The village has a very good boulengerie and quite a few restaurants. The salon de thé, in particular is very welcoming and has delicious puds. In the evening you can sit on the turret patio with a glass of local wine and listen to nightingales singing.
Beautiful apartment, very comfortable with a lot of decoration tastes which could be especially appreciated be women. The view from the balcony provides feeling like time has been encapsulated in XII century sent to our times. I hope there will be the possibility to visit the place again, willingly with the group of friends
beautifully presented accomodation ,decorated with love and care by the owner Nicole set on the banks of the river that runs through Legrasse, a lovely little village --the area is very interesting historically .
we loved our stay and the people we met
Reasons why I hate to do this:
1. Words could not do the required justice to the quality of the accommodation, the historic building, the beautifully restored and furnished interior and the breathtaking views.
2. It is impossible to express how much I appreciated the welcome, the attention, the introduction to the local area and the holiday management skills of the owner without raising undue suspicions of my wife.
3. This region of France is still so under exploited and under-commercialised that everything is not only authentic but also good value (except Carcassonne :))
4. There is quite honestly no better place than this for a holiday, as a couple, as a family or with friends in all of the Languedoc. If you go there you will never want to leave and I don't want the weight of that responsibility on my shoulders.
5. If this review gives you even the vaguest idea of the quality of our holidays (we went in July and then immediately booked to go back again in September) then you will go there. If you go there when I wanted to go back again I will be heartbroken. Stay away from this house, it's perfect.
I have returned at least four times and had the benefit of staying in two of the different apartments. have to say every time my experience was faultless, the actual apartments are beautifully designed and dressed with style and elegance but also equipped with the latest mod cons iPad speakers dishwashers etc - and the beds are some of the most comfortable I have slept in.
Nicole is a delightful and thoughtful host who goes out of her way to make sure you are comfortable and provide you with advice and information about the area - and you are quite likely to share a sociable tipple with her, on the beautiful terrace overlooking the river, on one evening during your stay - I would thoroughly recommend a visit especially perfect as a romantic break for couples and discerning visitors .. 10 stars !!