All reviews jean luc and ana his wife place to stay santa marta mini bar great cook parque tayrona snorkel gear local honey gorgeous pool an extra night delicious breakfast included incredible hosts welcome cocktail excellent chef jumping off point small terrace
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time over here! Jean Luc is an incredible host. The pool is great, the rooms are big, the shower is warm and the beers in the mini-bar are cold. We stayed an extra night because we liked it so much here. And if you need any help with your trip Jean Luc can help you. You can also leave your luggage here if you want to go to Tyrona Park, The lost city tour or somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We stayed a whole week at the beautiful Casa los Cerros in Taganga while we were diving and exploring the region. We really loved this quiet place, the beautiful flowers, the clean pool, the friendly staff, the nice rooms and the gentle dogs. It was so much fun to sip cocktails, play billiards and relax in the pool after a sunny day. We could even have cooked our own meals in the private kitchen or on the BBQ. Jean-Luc is a wonderful, humorous, helpful and generous host with deep knowledge of the region and Colombia – and he is a great cook. He surprised us with a delicious birthday cake, and grilled fantastic lobsters for us.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Monika H
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

A little piece of paradise in taganga hills. Jean Luc and his wife were absolutely charming and more than welcoming. You have immediately feel like home. Special mention for foid and breakfast. We stayed 2 nights but if we could we would have spend weeks there ! Special tip : ask for a Rummi Q round !

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017

My husband and I stayed at Casa Los Cerros for three nights, and it was one of the highlights of our two-week trip to Colombia. We chose Taganga for its proximity to Parque Tayrona - it's no secret that Taganga itself is a little rough around the edges - but Jean-Luc's beautiful home and hospitality made our experience far more than just a jumping off point.

First, the amenities: the house is perched up in the hills (a 5-10 min walk to the beach, and Jean-Luc will gladly drive you if you don't want to walk) with a gorgeous panoramic view of the ocean and entire coastline. There are 4 rooms for rent. The pool is the biggest in town (and I'm sure, also the nicest). The rooms are clean and well-equipped with both a powerful A/C and a fan, as well as a fully stocked fridge. Breakfasts are copious - eggs, yogurt, fresh cut fruit, fresh juices, toast, etc. etc. and dinners are frankly gourmet. We ate there all three nights. Yes, there are two dogs. They are perfectly docile and well-trained and kept to themselves.

Second: the host. Jean-Luc is wonderful - welcoming, generous, straight-shooting, and full of fascinating institutional knowledge about Taganga and Colombia.

I can't recommend Casa Los Cerros enough. Jean-Luc's position as #1 in Taganga is well-deserved.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Citizen0fZeW0rld
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Real quick, not going to tell you my little sad
story - just some facts you should know about
the #1 rated Trip Advisor hotel

Summary:
Bad location, far from the beach
Not for Families
Small rooms, bad internet

1. The hotel is located on a uneven dirt road,
in the back corner of a dirt road town. It's a
tough ride even in an SUV

2. We were greeted by two barking dobermans.
I'm a dog person, but my 6 year old daughter was
terrified. The one dog is nice, the other one was
still barking as I pet the dog ... not what you'd
expect as a greeting

3. They're using some good angles to make you
think it's somewhat beachfront (and on our booking
engine, it is listed as beachfront). Reality is, you're
a 20 minute walk down a uneven dirt road to get
to the beach. (From the photos, I was thinking
it's just beyond those lovely trees)

4. The rooms are small - again, they used some
good angles to make them look appealing. I almost
laughed watching him show where my daughter was
going to sleep on the floor (and I'd have to step over
her, to get outside or to the bathroom)

5. Around the pool, it's small and people are smoking
(I guess it's great if you're a smoker ... not for my family)

My wife said we absolutely can't stay here (and she's
never done that before). When I spoke to the owner,
he said that people from Colombia don't stay at his hotel.
- that would have been some useful information before
we got there (as he knew we live in Medellin). I would not
recommend this for anyone with a family

Why did I give 2 stars? The guy seemed pleasant enough,
he offered to drive us to get food in his car at no cost. I
imagine the breakfast is good (although I don't know,
as we left right away)

If you want cheap, don't care about location,
want to smoke at the pool and don't get scared of dogs,
this is for you. If not, do yourself a favor and stay away

Send me a message if you have any questions.

Les & Yulie

Room Tip: Pool view is the best you're going to get here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family