“We couldn't stay”
Review of Casa Los Cerros

Casa Los Cerros
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Taganga
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Real quick, not going to tell you my little sad
story - just some facts you should know about
the #1 rated Trip Advisor hotel

Summary:
Bad location, far from the beach
Not for Families
Small rooms, bad internet

1. The hotel is located on a uneven dirt road,
in the back corner of a dirt road town. It's a
tough ride even in an SUV

2. We were greeted by two barking dobermans.
I'm a dog person, but my 6 year old daughter was
terrified. The one dog is nice, the other one was
still barking as I pet the dog ... not what you'd
expect as a greeting

3. They're using some good angles to make you
think it's somewhat beachfront (and on our booking
engine, it is listed as beachfront). Reality is, you're
a 20 minute walk down a uneven dirt road to get
to the beach. (From the photos, I was thinking
it's just beyond those lovely trees)

4. The rooms are small - again, they used some
good angles to make them look appealing. I almost
laughed watching him show where my daughter was
going to sleep on the floor (and I'd have to step over
her, to get outside or to the bathroom)

5. Around the pool, it's small and people are smoking
(I guess it's great if you're a smoker ... not for my family)

My wife said we absolutely can't stay here (and she's
never done that before). When I spoke to the owner,
he said that people from Colombia don't stay at his hotel.
- that would have been some useful information before
we got there (as he knew we live in Medellin). I would not
recommend this for anyone with a family

Why did I give 2 stars? The guy seemed pleasant enough,
he offered to drive us to get food in his car at no cost. I
imagine the breakfast is good (although I don't know,
as we left right away)

If you want cheap, don't care about location,
want to smoke at the pool and don't get scared of dogs,
this is for you. If not, do yourself a favor and stay away

Send me a message if you have any questions.

Les & Yulie

Room Tip: Pool view is the best you're going to get here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

What more does one need: amazing food, incredible hosts, comfortable pool and rooms. No need to look further for any of these: Casa Los Cerros has all that and more. 5 mins walk from the main beach area (you can eat and do some shopping there), but in reality the highlight of the area are the beaches (not the one in Taganaga) and nature - The hosts can kindly assist you with trips and provide all the information needed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmilDAtanassov
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Jean Luc is a great host who likes to chat in all languages! The place is great. Lovely pool and all you need closeby. A fridge in your room with all sorts of drinks for a very good price. They want you to have a good time above all. Jean luc will even drop you off at the other side of town in the evening. Thanks for the wonderful stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Casa los Cerros is absolutely brilliant! It feels like a small tropical villa with a great swimming pool perfectly serviced by Jean-Luc, his family and other staff! Jean-Luc is your best personal guide and an amazing Chef. Gracias por todo!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ralf R
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

The owner Jean-Luc and his wife were very good hosts and did everything to make us feel welcome. Prior to our visit Jean-Luc sent us all the information about how to get there and what we should pay for a taxi. When we got there he welcomed us with a tour and a cocktail, very nice.

Jean-Luc can cook you a good meal but also he's very willingly to drive you to the centre of Taganga (you can also walk). Breakfast is included and also good, fresh fruits, juice, eggs, toast and whatever you want.

The poolarea is very nice to relax, you don't have to go anywhere if you don't want to :). We stayed here for 2 nights, left for Tayrona NP for a night and then returned. The owner was very helpfull and speaks Spanish, French, English and I think some German. Would recommend Casa los Cerros to everyone for a stay in Taganga!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fransien01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taganga
0.5 km away
Hotel Jaba Nibue
Hotel Jaba Nibue
#6 of 12 in Taganga
34.3 km away
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hot...
#1 of 3 in Tayrona National Park
0.4 km away
Hotel Bahia Taganga
Hotel Bahia Taganga
#7 of 12 in Taganga

Been to Casa Los Cerros? Share your experiences!