See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2015

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in the middle of winter. Even though it was extremely cold the top floor 2 bedroom apartment was snug and comfortable. We had to be careful on the icy steps. The cafe downstairs was tastefully furnished and was charming. Markets are just a short walk with a good variety of stores. About 10 minutes walk there is the traditional village which is pleasant. Cab from the bus terminal to the story house is about $4US. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the guest house and Jeongju.

Room Tip: Top floor 2 bedrooms with connecting bathroom
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2014

I love this place. I stayed in 5 different hostels during my 3 weeks stay in Korea, and this has got to be best. Central location, very near to Hanok Village - 10 mins walk max. Inside the dorm consisting of 4 beds, there are two bathrooms, and separate lockers, room is nicely equipped with hair dryer and towels. I loved the layout, the ambience and the cafe is so cozy.

On top, we have free Latte/Tea in the morning by the courtesy of the owner. Highly recommended. They let me use the laundry and dryer for free, which is a plus.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2014

Opted to stay in this guesthouse instead of the hanok in the Hanok Village during our recent trip to Jeonju. We were attracted to the interior and also partly because of the great reviews they had.

Located about 15mins walking distance from the hanok maeul. Just tell cab driver that you want to go to Wedding Guri and slowly find the guesthouse. They are located near 2 popular Jeonju Bibimbap shops. It is also close to the shopping street which makes it quite convenient for guests if you want some after dinner activity

Rooms are clean, spacious and nicely decorated. Like what the rest say, beds are comfy.

Breakfast is not provided but they have a cute cafe in the lobby which serves good croque monsieur and cappuccino!

The owner could not speak much English but it was not difficult to communicate with him. Great guy who goes all out to help the guests even though communication was not easy!

Had a good time here. Highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great guesthouse! It was the best budget guesthouse of my 2 weeks trip to 4 different cities in Korea. The owner was very nice and helpful, the location of the guesthouse was convenient if you want to do shopping and visiting the Hanok Village and the traditional market nearby, and the rooms are clean and tidy with all amenities you would need (hair dryer, shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, towels) I will definitely stay here again next time I visit Jeonju, keep up with the good work!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I'd definitely come back to Jeonju Story the next time I'm back to jeonju! It's just as amazing as per its description - safe quiet environment yet only 7min by foot to Hanok Village, each room with its own unique individuality, all the necessary amenities you'd need eg shampoo, toothpaste, hair dryer etc, air-con, heater for duvet (for the cold winters) and free wifi! Monti and his cousin are the perfect hosts - making every effort to make my stay enjoyable - from iced coffee whilst checking in to providing directions and recommendations on where to eat and what to experience to make my short trip here absolutely fulfilling. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2014