“A lovely little cafe”

Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Bungay
Price range: USD 7 - USD 13
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Jesters is a coffee shop located in the market town of Bungay Suffolk. All Jesters food is prepared daily on the premises and meals are made to order. The menu includes home-made cakes, home-made scones, panini's, jacket potatoes, tea cakes, sausage rolls, home-made soup and much more. Jesters also offers a selection of gluten and dairy free cakes and meals, just ask for details! We have been told we serve the BEST hot chocolate in Bungay, so why not come in and try for yourself.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this little gem for lunch. It was a cool day so we sat inside and it was quite busy. On a fine day it would be lovely to sit outside where there are several tables. The service was good and friendly and the food was excellent. I had a sausage, cranberry and cheese panini served with salad and crisps. It was delicious. You can visit the old Castle through a door in the cafe for a small fee. This cafe is definitely worth a visit.

jess t, Guest Relations Manager at Jesters Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I am 76 years old and had recently been discharged from Hospital following a delicate operation on my back. We came to Bungay for the day to unwind .Shopping and having lunch locally were on our agenda, Whilst shopping I felt the need to use a toilet, I enquired to a shop Assistant where the nearest toilet was .He told me to follow the signs to the Castle and I would find a toilet .On approaching the toilet we noticed a Café which was open so we decided to go into the Café once I had finished in the toilet. Upon exiting the toilet I was confronted by an very very angry man who launched into a tirade of vile language stating that I should have got permission to use the toilet he was ranting and raving pointing to signs stating Café clients only .I apologised for not
seeking permission but was intending to use the café anyway ,but when I informed him that because of his abusive behaviour we would not now be patronising his Café and suggested in his own language that he stick his Coffee and Cakes up his proverbial. At this suggestion he became even more abusive and every other word ended In OFF at this point we decide to leave. I had only taken a few steps when I felt a thump on my bad back I turned round and realised this moron had thrown a shovel full of compacted snow into my back .I turned back to confront him again and was greeted by him waving his snow shovel shouting "come on then" We left. Clearly
this Bully needs to take an Anger Management Course

2  Thank Ronnie R
Reviewed 22 January 2018

A small cafe with excellent food at very reasonable prices good service all good oh and great homemade cake

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

The service is absolutely good. People are friendly, tables are not dirty and the prizes are absolutely friendly. I really recommend it.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We were neither greeted nor made to feel in any way welcome in this place. We waited while the only waitress went in and out of the room, ignoring us and the dirty plates on a nearby table. I tried and failed to attract the attention of a male member of staff in an adjoining room but he was busy chatting. We walked out and even if I was that desperate for cake, jelly and ice cream on a rainy Monday, I would never set foot in that cafe again.