“Early Lunch”
Review of The Peterboat

The Peterboat
Reserve with OpenTable
The Peterboat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 152 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Whether having a bite to eat in our restaurant or just drinking with friends outside in the sun The Peterboat offers it all with its inside and outside dining and drinking areas.The Peterboat has been in Old Leigh's records since 1757 and its traditional values, character and local history have not been lost. Our menu offers a great variety dishes on which we pride ourselves, including our 'Traditional Fish'n'Chips' and our 'Old Leigh Cockle Chowder' - served with a great view over the Thames Estuary - what better way to enjoy your food.The Peterboat offers everything you expect and deserve from a great pub all year round. In the summer the extensive patio area allows maximum enjoyment of the sunshine whilst providing fantastic panoramic views across the estuary. In the winter cosy open fires and friendly surroundings provide the warmest of welcomes.At any time of year great service and customer care are embedded in our ethos and we look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Old Leigh has been one of my favorite places for years & I've often eaten at The Peterboat. It's been 3 years since I was in the country & the pub is now 'gastro', so tables with roses & wine glasses but the menu isn't that gastro.
Having said that my cod was perfectly cooked, fresh & moist in a thin crispy batter and the service from Sophie was excellent. I enjoyed my lunch, but I miss the pub it was

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Was going to a 30th birthday meal in Leigh on sea. Arrived at Leigh on sea early so stopped at the Peter Boat to kill time. Place is cosy on the sea front. We didn't order food as we were already going for a meal. Bar service was good. Had a few drinks and was brought out a plate of bar snacks which were lovely and a nice touch. Will come back again.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Ten of us went for a family night out. The food was amazing, really delicious and good value for money. I had the mackerel and the mussels....both lovely but everyone ended up tucking into my mussels...they were delicious....my son had the "melt in the mouth" steak, my daughter had the fish pie....it really was hard to pick a favourite...Service was great, everyone very attentive, drinks kept flowing, brilliant atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and felt "looked after and valued as customers..." Highly recommended....

Reviewed 15 September 2017

One of our favourite eateries my husband loves the cockle chowder. Served by the lovely friendly, efficient Dyanna. Hope to visit again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Visited on 8th sept, excellent service, fish was good quality and was very hot which is unsual these days could not fault it