“Food”

The Jolly Fisherman Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Jolly Fisherman Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Craster
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2018

After reading reviews on trip advisor, I decided to call in for some food.
I had the Toasted Ham and Cheeses sandwich, the bread was dry and tasteless, as if no butter had been used on the bread, the cheese had a very plastic taste to it and overpowered the ham, the chips that arrived as a side order tasted like old potatoes that were on the turn. The best part of the whole meal was the bowl of crisps that arrived with the sandwich.

6  Thank thefoodcritic04
david_whitehead8, Owner at The Jolly Fisherman Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hello thefoodcritic04

Very sorry but with all due respect I can't really read into this review seriously as I'm not convinced a food critic as you call yourself would order a ham and cheese toastie??!! The bread is toasted not dry and it's fresh everyday.
The potatoes would struggle to be on the turn as again fresh deliveries daily are checked meticulously. I guess we just weren't the place for you. I happily take constructive issues and deal with them.

Regards
David

Write a ReviewReviews (2,187)

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Great little village pub with friendly staff .Dog friendly in bar area .Locally supplied ingredients .We were stuck in the village due to being snowed in .The pub was our only place to eat and what a gem of a pub.which was warm and with great staff.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We visited the Jolly Fisherman on Sunday 4th March, The Beast from the East was still around so the roads were pretty hair raising, consequently when we got there we had the place almost to ourselves, we could pick any table we liked!!! We sat in the window which has amazing elevated views of the sea. We ordered the roast beef and it was just gorgeous, the beef was pink and tender and cut beautifully with a normal knife, the vegetables were excellent, a plump yorkshire pudding, extra veg and my favourite a spare jug of delicious gravy. Couldn't fault it to be honest and all washed down with a crisp glass of perfectly chilled Pinot Grigio. Book early as it's usually very very busy, we will be going for mothers day and it will be bustling. Thankyou The Jolly we had a lovely day. Well done Mr Chef (Steve I think) you cook a mean roast!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch. Not great. Chips were limp and looked like they're been reheated. Fishcake the same although filling tasted lovely. Pleasant staff.

1  Thank afgrttrrf

Hello afgrttrrf

Sorry for your average visit. The chips are fesh to order and can sometimes get soft due to type if potato. We NEVER reheat chips. The Fishcakes again are done fresh into fryer.....I'll speak to kitchen and check why you may have thought that. Hope you do revisitvafain if you enjoyed the taste of Fishcakes and the place.

Thanks
David

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We had a delightful meal here with a shared platter which was very generous and delicious. I would strongly recommend it. Amazing views out to sea.