Our first impression of the villa was one of awe, after all, we were greeted with the view of Devil's Tear at our doorstep. It's a spectacular sight.
It pretty much goes downhill from there.
1. Our biggest gripe with Villa Voyage has much to do with the discovery that the water source in the taps are NOT fresh water, but sea water, or at the very least, water tainted with sea water. We wondered if it might be the lack of proper fresh water piping throughout the island itself, but friends who have previously visited said that the accommodations they stayed at had fresh water in the taps, and we pretty much confirmed this when every establishment we went to had fresh water not sea water. Even the makeshift shower at the surf shack we went to had fresh water! We walked around the villa and did not notice any fresh water tanks (similar to the ones we saw at other establishments round Nusa Lembongan). We would be happy to receive a response from the Villa Management team on this. For us, it is completely unacceptable to publicize yourself as a luxury villa, without the basic fixtures of fresh water running out of your taps.
2. Sticky Floors - probably a consequence of using sea/salt water to be cleaning the entire villa, that no matter where we walked, everything felt sticky. Which was puzzling because at various times of our stay, we would see the villa staff busy cleaning/mopping the floor, and our only explanation could be that because they're cleaning the floor with sea/salt water, regardless of how often they clean it, it will STILL be sticky.
3. Pool - Again, not chlorine but sea water. This is probably not an issue for most but it was also quite deep, most of us stand above 1.6m but had to constantly tip toe in the pool.
4. The two bedrooms on the top level had leaky taps issues - one bedroom had a leaky faucet which the team tried to fix but still persisted. Second bedroom had a leaky showerhead, which made it sound like someone was consistently in the shower.
5. State of bedding - Pillows were too soft, there were not enough pillow, some of the pillow were dirty and with no cases, even big square sitting pillows were used. We understand if it might have been difficult to accommodate 13 people in a 10 person villa, but our booking was made more than 2-3 months in advance of our stay, and we were charged for the additional 3 people. Surely the necessary living arrangements would have been made to accommodate all 13 of us comfortably. Some of the spare beds were only given thin sheets as blankets, and when we requested for blankets, we were told these were all there were at the villa.
6. I would be remiss to criticise any of the villa team on site, they really did try their best, and Pak Made (the villa manager) really did try to accommodate our requests but we believe these are maintenance issues beyond his control and something the owners of Villa Voyage REALLY need to address. After all, the staff can't give us more pillows/blankets if there are none, nor can they immediately install fresh water tanks at source. We rated the villa 2 stars just for the service we received from the staff.
Their website states that Villa Voyage offers a once-in-a-lifetime experience, they're not wrong, we definitely won't be back, once in a lifetime was enough for us.
The views are spectacular, but really, not much else was.
Villa Voyage, Nusa Lembongan is a 4+1 bedroom upmarket absolute beachfront villa. 4 Bedrooms are in the main villa with 3 having sea view. There is a bedroom in the annex in the garden.
We were 11 (8 adults and 3 children) who travelled to Lembongan. We had a ball of a time at the villa. The villa has a nice sized pool, nice living room and dining room (not air conditioned - it would have been great to have that during mid day, when it gets hot. The deck areas were absolutely super. While overall, I would rate the villa a 4+, there were a few maintenance issues and a rat to deal with a couple of nights.
Pak Made, the villa manager is an absolute delight. I believe there is nothing he said no to and was ever available to assist us and guide us, organising motorbikes, boat rides, return tickets and and other island visits. I think by himself he makes up for all the minor glitches in the villa.
The cook was average by our standards, especially since he was cooking at an upmarket villa. I am not sure whether he did not have access to ingredients, was limited in cuisine and menu options - though he did try to please us. Breakfast was never a problem, we did struggle a bit for a couple of other meals. But he too was always happy to cook anytime and always. The other staff and security were always there in the background, ensuring the villa was maintained clean, we had clean towels, beds turned down/up etc. They turned up when needed and disappeared into the background leaving us to our privacy.
Overall a great stay.. nice villa, superior views.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
We had a wonderful stay at villa Voyage. The villa layout is perfect for entertainment with a fantastic outdoor deck area, decor was tastefully done and view on sandy bay beach/Devil's point is breathtaking. The rooms are spacious, Sam the villa chef at the time cooked great indonesian dishes and the staff were helpful. Sandy Beach Club is right next door so it's convenient. The only drawback is the beach is not swimmable (quite trecherous) but there is Dream beach about 5 minutes away.
Nusa Lembongan is a perfect quiet get away from Bali and diving/snorkeling is fantastic there.
We had a wonderful stay at Villa Voyage. Villa Manager Kadek was extremely friendly and very helpful. He helped us to organise private sunset yoga session and scooters for our stay. He also told us about all the best spots to explore on the magical Island of Nusa Lembongan. The villa itself was stunning and tastefully decorated. Loved the pool overlooking the ocean. Thanks so much for an amazing stay!
My family and I travelled to Nusa Lembongan in February 2015 and stayed for 5 nights. We were picked up from our hotel in Legian and taken to the boat where we were met by Kadek. Everything we according to plan.
The trip from the boat to the Villa once on Lembongan was a little daunting. But.... We were blown away by our first glimpse of the Villa. From the very outset, the appearance of the villa was once of opulence and indulgence. The grounds are very pretty and once in the Villa, the pool and beach were like something out of a magazine. We found the Villa to have everything we could ask for and more. The decor was very tasteful and invited relaxation. Books scattered throughout, games, DVD's and plenty of places to simply soak up the ambiance and sunshine.
For us, the most outstanding part of our stay by far, were the staff. The cleaners were like Ninja's, - quiet, quick and very thorough. Nothing was ever out of place and we were more than satisfied by the cleanliness of the Villa. The chef and kitchen hands were amazing and the food was beyond compare. We all put on weight. Led by Mr Kadek, our every need was catered for and to say he went above and beyond the call of duty would be an understatement. Kadek saw to it that we were all safe and sound and nothing was too much trouble for him. He was on hand to see to it that we were fed, watered, comfortable and that we wanted for nothing. He made our holiday perfect.
I would recommend Villa Voyage to anyone wanting to get away from the chaos of Bali. If its relaxation and attention to detail your looking for in a getaway, this is the place to go. I would go back in a heartbeat.
|How easy was it to book the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|