“WOW, where do I start?!”
other travellers have booked this property
Poolside at Villa Nusa
Bedroom with views!
Dining at Villa Nusa
Kitchen
Family room
The pool and view from a sunlounger
Bathroom with huge stone tub and deluge shower
Breakfast on the Balcony with amazing views of the ocean and Mt Agung beyond
Villa Nusa at Night
The Bale - great place to relax, great views, a fan, lights and power point
The view from inside Villa Nusa
Massage with a view at Villa Nusa
View across the pool to the horizon beyond
Double Bedroom
The view of the Badung Strait and Bali beyond
One of Villa Nusa's happy guests
East entrance to Villa Nusa
Komang, the house keeper with Sassie, the owners dog
Strolling on the white sand beaches
The staff at VIlla Nusa: Komang the housekeeper, Gede the gardener and pool man and Wayan, Security
Bathroom detail
Coves you can only find with a boat
Balinese culture
Dream Beach - One of the beautiful beaches only minutes from Villa Nusa
The very rare Mola Mola found in the waters around Nusa Lembongan
Colourful Balinese ceremonies on Nusa Lembongan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kelly M
Adelaide
“WOW, where do I start?!”
Reviewed 20 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I'm not sure what was more amazing; Villa Nusa or Donna? Both the villa and Donna were fantastic and I would have no hesitation recommending this place to anyone! Whether travelling alone, as a couple, with friends or family, with young or old; Villa Nusa is an absolute treasure of a property. It is conveniently nestle just up the hill from the main strip of Nusa Lembongan and the main beach; just a short walk if you don't have your own transport. It has by far the best views on the island. Perched so gracefully overlooking Gunung Agung across the waters on the mainland, what an absolute stunning view to wake up to of a morning and watch slowly disappear into the darkness of an evening. The scenery leaves you breathless. From the moment I inquired about the Villa until now Donna has been the most perfect host. I truly believe she could have been a tour organiser/tour guide in a previous life! Nothing was too difficult and I didn't have to lift a finger for anything. Donna organised all our transfers (boat and hotel), our buggy hire for the few days we were on Lembongan (which was a God-send and an absolute must have if you don't ride scooters or motor bikes), our snorkeling adventure (which I will get to in a moment, as that is a whole other story!) plus all the local know-how and referrals to eateries, Warungs and activities on the island was much appreciated. I only had one "must-do" whilst staying on Lembongan, and that was to snorkel the neighbouring coral reefs in the hope to spot a Manta Ray along the way! Donna had suggested and organised a local tour guide with a boat in which to experience this the best way. She picked it right, again! Diasa was fantastic, his knowledge was in depth and English was great. His boat was speedy and very well kept. We had been warned that no one had seen a Manta Ray all week and they had been quite elusive over the holiday season so we were not keeping our hopes up that we would spot one... but, I guess it was our lucky day! WOW WOW WOW WOW, this was the highlight of our entire 2 week holiday! I felt so honored to encounter such a beautiful and majestic creature. The experience will stay with me forever and I thank Donna very much for organising this once in a lifetime opportunity. Not only did we have this lucky and amazingly surreal encounter, but Diasa took us to several other locations where the marine life was so colourful and abundant. We also had the chance to drift snorkel with the current along a beautiful coral wall which was another highlight! I have snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef on several occasions and I must say this experience has outdone all of those! We only spent 3 nights on Lembongan but I wish we had stayed for the week! The villa has everything you could possibly ask for and more. We particularly loved Sassy and Rambo the dogs and Cookie the healthiest Balinese cat I have ever met! The staff a very attentive but without being too obtrusive. The only thing I would suggest is to bring extra bug spray as the flies are a little more prevalent here than the mainland due to Lembongan's many mangroves. Our favourite part of the day was slouching on the day bed watching the sun go down over the infinity pool with a cold glass of sauvignon blanc looking across the water out toward the mountains. What a very special place Donna has created here. Thank you so much Donna for our far too short, but very memorable stay at Villa Nusa. We will most certainly be back! I could go on and on but I will finish up by saying: don't hesitate; you MUST stay here!!

Liked best: Views, Pool, Amenities, Service, Location
Liked least: There was nothing we didn't like except having to leave!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
23 Jan 2016
Wow, what a great review. Thanks Kelly for all your complimentary comments. I am so glad you got to see the Manta Rays - they are truly majestic and DIasa is amazing. Actually I come from a 5* hotel family - my father was born in Claridges Hotel in London where his father was General Manager and I, in turn, was born in The Edward, a 5* hotel in South Africa when my father was the General Manager - looking after guests is in the blood!. I really look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time.
1sharon1
Peregian Beach, Australia
“Lovely views. Very attentive owner.”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The villa is about 10-15 minutes walk from the main town in a private location with lovely views. Donna, the owner, has a background in hospitality and community development, and is actively involved in ethical and Eco friendly development of the island. She went beyond the call of duty to arrange transfers, groceries, tours, transport and snorkelling trips. We used the in house chef service a few nights which was convenient with tasty meals prepared.. The local cafes will also deliver to the villa and the major restaurants will pick customers up and return them home after a meal which means the out of town location is not a problem. The villa is very comfortable and most suitable for 2 families with older children ( the pool is not fenced) or a large family offering 3 1/2 bathrooms and separate living areas. We had a very restful holiday while the teenage boys enjoyed surfing the various breaks.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Large groups
19 Oct 2015
Many thanks for a lovely review. It was a pleasure to meet you all and nothing was too much trouble. I hope that we can welcome you all back to Villa Nusa one day. All the best.
Frank B
Perth, Australia
“Top spot”
Reviewed 12 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

What a stunning place to stay it is a little out of town but well worth the distance Donna is great to deal with villa is stunning all the staff are fantastic would stay again can't wait

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
14 Sep 2015
Many thanks for a lovely review. I will pass your comments on to the staff - they will all smile! Love to see you all again, just let me know when.
Esme C
London, United Kingdom
“Just heavenly”
Reviewed 25 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We stayed here for 9 nights in August, with my children and grandchildren who all adored it, my daughter in law pronounced it as the best holiday of her life ! So, going to be hard to follow. We hired a golf buggy go get around the Island, and it was invaluable and well worth the money, as it really enabled us to explore the Island which otherwise would have been difficult.

Donna was unbelievably helpful, both before and during our visit, making arrangements for our transfers, recommending restaurants and booking them, so we were left with nothing to do but thoroughly enjoy ourselves , which we certainly did.

The pool was a big hit, and hugely enjoyed by the little ones (5 1/2 and 3 1/2) . It was beautifully maintained. and watching the swallows coming for a drink morning and evening is something I shall remember for a long time

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Bevtobe
Colchester
“Return to Paradise”
Reviewed 9 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We've had a marvellous return trip and stay at Villa Nusa.... Blissfully relaxing with stunning views....spent our days chilling, reading, snorkelling and exploring the island. Donna and her staff are fabulous hosts, ensuring that we had everything we needed to make our stay special. It was hard to leave....but we'll definitely be back. Sampa Jumpa laggi!

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing