“paradise”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 3
Pool and terrace
Entrance
Villa Penyon is a free standing house with expansive views over the water. 3 bedroom with ensuites.
Pond
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

bakerzacr...
Lethbridge, Canada
“paradise”
Reviewed 19 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

My family of 5 stayed at the Villa Penyon mid February and it was the highlight of our trip. The villa is wonderfully clean and well laid out. The grounds beautiful. The pool and the view extraordinary!! The staff was excellent and the food was great!! ( Yes they even cook for you if you wish). The concierge service was one of the biggest benefits with all our activities arranged quickly and at reasonable prices. No wasted time should you feel the need to get out snorkelling or fishing. I felt I didn't have a care in the world. Dont be fooled by the maps..the beach is a very short walk away. And a slightly longer shaded walk takes you to Dream Beach where there is some socializing should you need it.

I cant say enough about how easy the booking process was and how helpful the owners were in making sure we had safe passage. They booked a car for us from Ubud that took us directly to the boat. We were then picked up for a quick ride to the Villa. All wonderfully organized.

I think the nicest thing for our family was the quiet and peacefulness of the property. I would stay again in a heartbeat!! I nice break from the busy roads and touring in Bali. Thanks to all the staff that made our stay memorable. Wish we could have stayed longer. We hope to be back soon.

The Bakers

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property itself and the wonderful services provided by the staff
Liked least: There was nothing I didnt love
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Perth WA
Reviewed 15 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
grantatma...
Sydney
“Best Place to stay on Lembongan”
Reviewed 12 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012
people found this review helpful

I stayed at Penyon over the New Year period for 8 days. It was my first time on Lembongan.
This Villa not only has million dollar views but the location is unbeatable & the staff are absolutely brilliant.
Location: Nestled on a hill above Tamarind Bay, just a 2 minute walk away & only a 15 minute walk around the headland to Batu. A 5 minute scooter ride to Mushroon Bay & a 10 minute ride to Sandy Bay or Dream Beach. The location is unbeatable.
Villa: Perfect, spotlessly clean, large, very private. The only downside is that they don't have an I-POD doc, so if you want to listen to your music make sure you take one. Otherwise there is a CD player.
Staff: Absolutley amazing. Tekut is the man for everything. Anything you need he can arrange (within reason of course). Nomarn is the chef & the food is delicious. The other guys are so friendly & are always smiling

There are 4 restaurants on the island that you can arrange to get picked up & dropped off. At night we found it a bit scary riding the scooters so we either arranged to get picked up or we walked over the headland into Batu. The villa supplies torches. This was fine, it's a safe walk.
I reccommend getting scooters as without them you are a little isolated as it's too far to walk to Dream Beach & Sandy Bay.

The Beach Club at Sandy Bay is a fantastic place to eat. They have a BBQ each night from 6pm. The food is so fresh & delicous & the whole place has a great feel. There is a pool & day beds as well. The salads for lunch were really good.

Indianna is a french restaurant definitly worth going to. Make sure you book. The food is 5 star. It's the most expensive place on the island but in terms of price compared to back home (Sydney) it was a bargain. AUD60 for 3 courses & a few cocktails. The food really is amazing!!
Other than that there are just local warungs selling curries etc, allgood places to eat at.

Lembongan is such a chill out of a place. It's so laid back & relaxing. Can't wait to go back

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: Location & staff
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ania P
London, United Kingdom
“I want to keep it as a secret”
Reviewed 10 January 2012 for a stay in April 2011

I really would like to keep it a secret. I was recommended Villa Penyon by a friend and can't thank him enough. The owners were extremely helpful even before I arrived , they sorted out my hotel on Bali ( I landed late at night and it was great having their coworker meet me and take me to my hotel before being collected in the morning and taken to a boat transfer to Lembongan) .Once I got to the villa I was pleasantly surprised.it is a beautiful , charming place to stay. However ,my main objective was diving .where do I start? I was lucky to be the only diver at that time. Was diving every day with Dorthe.Had so much fun and have learned loads too. In spite of quite wrong currents( never really experienced it before) I felt safe and discretly checked on, which I really appreciated. The quality of dives was amazing. Even though it was out of season , I did see mola mola( that was great), another high point was when we saw a school of dolphins while diving. I really think the dives were the best I have ever done( forgot to mention mantas and loads of them) .Just writing about it makes me want to go back.
In the villa, I am sorry to say, I barely moved away from my:) sun bed by the pool. The staff at the villa ( I am really sorry I have forgotten your names guys) were excellent. Nothing was ever too much for them.They took my dinner order while I was on my sun bed( shame on me) and arranged my massages . I went on my holidays to do loads of good diving and to relax and my stay at Villa Penyon with Henrik and Dorthe well exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend it.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Personal touch and friendliness
Liked least: Loved everything
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Germany
Reviewed 8 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing