“Food good, management needs work ”

Indiana Kenanga Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 213 Restaurants in Nusa Lembongan
Price range: AU$16 - AU$47
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The french chef Clement Fouquere, will be happy to share his passion for fine cuisine, with over 15 years of experience in the most famous 3 stars Michelin restaurant(Alain Ducasse in Monaco, The Bristol in Paris.....)The restaurant is just in front the sea and you can see wonderful sunset!!!
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

We always eat here when on Lembongan and the food/drinks are always quality. This year it seems there were a few staffing issues which wasn't isolated to this particular restaurants. Being the end of Ramadan and peak holiday season many places were understaffed and very busy and it showed. Booking ahead here is a necessity as they give priority to hotel guests. We did book ahead but they somehow lost out booking but still managed to sneak in.

2  Thank moorecat

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I went to Indiana Kenanga with a group of friends; my expectations were high given the reviews and I was looking forward to the evening. The setting is beautiful: quiet and close to the water on a lovely stretch of beach. However the food quality and the service were below expectations. We had the scallops and the crab appetizer. The crab appetizer tasted like it came out of a can and had a very peculiar and unpleasant aftertaste. The scallops were quite good - cooked just right but the dish did not have anything special to it. The service was very slow and the server seemed irritated with the fact that we were part of a bigger group. The worst part of the evening was the bill payment. They did not split the bill for us (we did that ourselves), they made several calculation errors (always in the restaurant's favour by as much as 60 USD) and tried to charge a 3% 'credit card fee' on the total bill, even though part of it was paid in cash and part by credit card. Overall it was a very disappointing experience and I would highly recommend against going there. This is in stark contrast to places like Hai Tide or Sandy Bay, where service was outstanding and polite.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

This restaurant has transfers to and from the restaurant however be aware that if you have kids and they say they will give you an early pick up unfortunately when you get to the restaurant they don't start serving dinner until about 6:30pm. They do have a children's menu and the kids loved the food that they ordered. Both hubby and I had steak and could not fault it absolutely lovely. We altered the side dishes which was no problems with them at all. Very accomodating. Worth the visit...

Reviewed 15 July 2016

We wanted to try their crepes but the location by the internal pool did not appeal - so we went to the main restaurant on the beach - the beach can get overun by day-trippers from the main island for the water pontoon, but they provide a funny spectacle, but does not distract from the food which is served in a very relaxed way - the best tomato and mozzarella salad outside of Italy - a real work of art and lovingly /expertly presented - good value for the french cuisine .

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Here is a quiz question - when is an espresso martini not an espresso martini?
My answer is when it comes with a chocolate truffle instead of coffee beans.
But I am not qualified because I don't drink them. It was my younger son's order and when it arrived, I was bemused by the absence of the traditional 3 coffee beans. But he said it was delicious anyway.
Being of an enquiring mind I asked my older son (who claims the title of world's best espresso martini maker) if chocolate instead of coffee beans is acceptable.
He said "Of course that's acceptable and in fact I recommend a scraping of dark chocolate over the coffee beans".
His wife had the last word "There is no such thing as an unacceptable martini".
So there you go - problem solved.
PS the food which followed the martini was stunning as always - I had crab followed by pigeon. Who said Lembongan is uncivilised?

1  Thank Michael H